Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys. I've kind of turned this section into Ford/mustang news (which some of you couldn't care less about). But like the saying goes, "Know Thy enemy".

The car this topic pertains to is the new "Mach 1". The car will see production. It was approved today and will hit dealers soon as a 03 model. It will be a model that will fit in between the 260 Gt and the 390hp Cobra in terms of price and performance. It will recieve the N/A Cobra's 4.6L 4V 320hp Dohc engine and a live axle. The axle will get rid of some weight and make it a little faster down the 1320. How fast? low 13's in stock trim. High 12's with shorter rear gears and DR's.

Specs

Powertrain:

4 Valve 4.6L Motor - 320hp
Functional Shaker induction (YES!!! finally a functional hood).
Tremec 3650 5spd tranny
3.27 Gears
Live Axle

Suspension/Brakes:

Lowered 3/4" ride height
Tokico struts-shocks
Performance brakes (like the Bullitt)
Sub Frame connectors
Improved suspension geometry

here's some more info and pics.
http://www.stangnet.com/mach1/mach1.html

And the Boss 302 will also see production. Look for a N/A Dohc 5.0 with hp on the 400+ side to hit streets within the next 2-4 years. Where's them darn F-bods? :D.

· Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every stangs interior looks cheap. This one is no exception. I like the seats and the T-handle on the shifter though. The shaker hood kicks ass too. The stock stereo system is decent too. It might get the Mach 1000 which is optional on 02 Gt's. Over 1100 peak watts. One of the best stock systems there is. That'd make the interior a little more enjoyable :D.

· Registered
89 Posts
Mustangs......

Don't get me wrong.... I'm an automotive enthusiast. I don't prejudice any vehicles, though I'll call a turd, a turd if I see one. But what the fuck is with the domestic companies? Its amazing that the Mach Series Mustang looks just like any standard, GT or Base Model Mustang. I mean even the rims. Granted the important changes are under the hood where they belong. Except for that paint.....geez. Looks like someone shit a smurf.

My point is that the original Mach Mustang had its own body style. Everything about it set it apart from all the mustangs both past & present. I think its a damn shame that they are stuffing the Mach namesake, along with; Saleen, Roush, Steeda, SVT and others into one chassis design. There comes a time when a car needs its individualality. Not a fancy paint job that can be shot on ANY other Mustang. Come on Ford, if you can make that fucked up ThunderBird, you can throw some cash into giving the car a new fascia. (Oh and PS: Bring over some Cosworths you puss!)

· Registered
3,465 Posts
Re: Mustangs......

titaniumgsr said:
Don't get me wrong.... I'm an automotive enthusiast. I don't prejudice any vehicles, though I'll call a turd, a turd if I see one. But what the fuck is with the domestic companies? Its amazing that the Mach Series Mustang looks just like any standard, GT or Base Model Mustang. I mean even the rims. Granted the important changes are under the hood where they belong. Except for that paint.....geez. Looks like someone shit a smurf.

My point is that the original Mach Mustang had its own body style. Everything about it set it apart from all the mustangs both past & present. I think its a damn shame that they are stuffing the Mach namesake, along with; Saleen, Roush, Steeda, SVT and others into one chassis design. There comes a time when a car needs its individualality. Not a fancy paint job that can be shot on ANY other Mustang. Come on Ford, if you can make that fucked up ThunderBird, you can throw some cash into giving the car a new fascia. (Oh and PS: Bring over some Cosworths you puss!)
Preach on Brother Preach on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.