Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if it is true yet, I will let you all know, but i just got the word from my local dealer a 2003 RSX-R will be here in 2 months. the put down cash is in my hands, so if this is right i will be buying today.

please...please...please....be true.

· Registered
301 Posts
Funny, there have been no press releases from Acura yet ..... your dealer is FOS, and is trying to get non-refundable deposits to get people on a list ...

Dealer's suck ......

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just called me back. They do NOT know when they will be in.. the General Manager said it was not on the production schedule yet. I am debating on driving over and shooting someone.

· Registered
301 Posts
A lot of mags have been saying that.

But I am a serious pessimist ...... I was sitting there doing all my paperwork to buy my '98 R, and they gave me a 1999 brochure to see the black one they were supposed to do for 1999 in the States. Two weeks later when I came back for them to install the AC (first time they had an appointment open), they told me Acura had changed their mind and were NOT importing it for '99. My dealer alone had to refund about 5 deposits .......

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They dealer said they had gotten firm word it is coming, they have the cl-s 6 speed on their production schedule now..
he said as soon as it shows up on production schedule he will call me.

· Registered
301 Posts
SlapSmak said:
They dealer said they had gotten firm word it is coming, they have the cl-s 6 speed on their production schedule now..
he said as soon as it shows up on production schedule he will call me.
People have already tested the Type S 6-spd, that has been confirmed for awhile. Its about time too ...... the Nissan products are going to kick Acura/Honda's azz this year ......

· Registered
346 Posts
9000RPM said:
When American Honda VP said ITR was coming He also said CTR most likely wouldn't make it here because of they have to raise the car to pass crash test. However raise the car's height up drastically change the performance of the car.
yeah, that was the same press release I am referring to when I said the CTR may not come to North America... see! I am not BSing...

· Registered
301 Posts
But they can argue that the Civic Si is the same platform ....

They only have to test the platform it is on to get general approval, and the new Si (as butt ugly as it is) has already passed. They could just put beefier spring rates on the Si's suspension, and bring it over.

The same rumors I heard about the RSX R coming over also had the CTR coming over badged as the SiR since the whole "Type" thing denotes Acura in he States.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
As a buyer I would gladly sign a release form stating that I'm aware of poor crash rating. I'll just stay away from trucks... just let me BUY the darn car :spawn: you know, it's funny, you wanna BUY something, but they won't sell it to you...

· Registered
346 Posts
MKX-R said:
As a buyer I would gladly sign a release form stating that I'm aware of poor crash rating. I'll just stay away from trucks... just let me BUY the darn car :spawn: you know, it's funny, you wanna BUY something, but they won't sell it to you...
sometimes the poor crash rating is not for crashing at high speed... sometimes, vehicles fail the 5mph crash test (for the bumper) and carmakers just won't bother bringing it over.

· Registered
679 Posts
Daremo said:

People have already tested the Type S 6-spd, that has been confirmed for awhile. Its about time too ...... the Nissan products are going to kick Acura/Honda's azz this year ......
frecking nissan, the new SER is a POS. And deserves to burn in hell, a high comp motor 2.5liter motor only pushing so little hp how sorry is that.

· Registered
301 Posts
Well, as far as that goes ......

I have test driven the Type S, the WRX, the Celica GT-S, and the SE-R Spec V ........ I still have to test the new Si, and the Fukus SVT before I make any decisions.

And I will tell you this, I would buy the SE-R over every car in that group except the WRX ...... because for $18K out the door, you get a car that will smoke everything in its price range (under 20k), and put a hurting on cars that cost more .....

Guess for you Accord92, ignorance is bliss, because you obviously have never driven the Spec V with that whole hp/liter ricer bullshit you just spouted ......

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Daremo, what you just said makes no sense. you said the spec v will smoke anything in its price range (under 20 k). all other cars you listed WRX, TypeS, GTS are all in the 24K+ range. i also have driven each of these cars, including the SpecV. from a price point, you are correct, the SpecV will smoke any other car in the 18K price range. The type s and wrx both are much better platforms, not real impressed with the gts, but they, as i have said are in a different price category, much better performers than the Sentra, but are in a different class.
as far as HP per liter being bullshit, the spec v produces 70 HP per liter, 175HP/2.5 liters. those are pretty in-efficient numbers compared to acura/honda NA factory engines producing in the range of 100 HP per liter out of the box. Every review by every magazine has put the nissan well behind the RSX and Scoobie in handling(skid pad), 0-60 and quarter mile. i subscribe to every car mag there is and have driven them all myself, and have yet to see ANY review that puts the SENTRA above any of the cars you listed.

· Registered
301 Posts
Mags don't mean s--t.

And this is what I said:

And I will tell you this, I would buy the SE-R over every car in that group except the WRX ...... because for $18K out the door, you get a car that will smoke everything in its price range (under 20k), and put a hurting on cars that cost more .....
That means for the money, especially for 7 thousand less, I'd take the Spec V over all the others, EXCEPT the WRX, because it DOES perform as well, or better than all of them except the WRX. And this includes the Type S. The Spec V DOES have similar handling and braking numbers as the Type S, AND has the advantage of a LSD, and will outperform the Type S on a road course.

The ONLY reason I would take the WRX over it is becuase of the modding potential of the Scooby.

And if the whole hp/liter bullshit comes in here, I will shut down the thread in a heartbeat!! That argument has absolutely ZERO merrit to ANY real car enthusiast, it is a rice excuse for people that get beat by cars with more horsepower/better performance. There is no reasoning to say an engine that has 60 hp/L is any better than one that has 120 hp/L if they both have the same hp rating. Big deal, my B16 has 100 hp/L ... guess what ... it STILL only has 160 hp. The Spec V has 15 more hp!! It also means that the Spec V engine has A LOT more waiting to be unleashed.

Try getting 210 whp out of the C5, it ain't easy ...... but if someone makes a killer set of cams for the Spec V, and someone custom's a header/exhaust for it, I bet there will be people in the 210 range for a lot cheaper than it takes to get a C5 there .... let alone my B16!!!

I love Honda/Acura products, and will be first in line for a CTR (or RSX-R if I can somehow afford it), but I see the writing on the wall ....... new Honda/Acura stuff just isn't keeping up with the rest of the automotive world, and other manufacturers are taking over the scene .....

· Registered
679 Posts
Daremo said:
Mags don't mean s--t.

And this is what I said:

That means for the money, especially for 7 thousand less, I'd take the Spec V over all the others, EXCEPT the WRX, because it DOES perform as well, or better than all of them except the WRX. And this includes the Type S. The Spec V DOES have similar handling and braking numbers as the Type S, AND has the advantage of a LSD, and will outperform the Type S on a road course.

The ONLY reason I would take the WRX over it is becuase of the modding potential of the Scooby.

And if the whole hp/liter bullshit comes in here, I will shut down the thread in a heartbeat!! That argument has absolutely ZERO merrit to ANY real car enthusiast, it is a rice excuse for people that get beat by cars with more horsepower/better performance. There is no reasoning to say an engine that has 60 hp/L is any better than one that has 120 hp/L if they both have the same hp rating. Big deal, my B16 has 100 hp/L ... guess what ... it STILL only has 160 hp. The Spec V has 15 more hp!! It also means that the Spec V engine has A LOT more waiting to be unleashed.

Try getting 210 whp out of the C5, it ain't easy ...... but if someone makes a killer set of cams for the Spec V, and someone custom's a header/exhaust for it, I bet there will be people in the 210 range for a lot cheaper than it takes to get a C5 there .... let alone my B16!!!

I love Honda/Acura products, and will be first in line for a CTR (or RSX-R if I can somehow afford it), but I see the writing on the wall ....... new Honda/Acura stuff just isn't keeping up with the rest of the automotive world, and other manufacturers are taking over the scene .....
man i know what im talking about, common sense nissan can't build N/A motors. they've proved it in so many ways. HONDA HAS THE BEST HORSE POWER FOR TO THE LITER!!!! OF ANY Sport Compact. Guess what the SER SPEC V is a direct competitor for the WRX, RSX and such. So you don't make any sense and don't know your shit. Even though sport compact car wouldn't directley say it you know through all that bs they were very dissapointed with the SER. Have you ever heard of Quality not Quantity. You pay for what you get man. the fact is nissan will never be able to compete with honda in n/a sport compacts, unless they really shape up. Now Turbo cars is another issue. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.