Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 SEMA: Acura, Honda plan higher-spec TL, Civic Si

By MARK RECHTIN | Automotive News

Acura estimates the A-Spec kit will cost about $5,000. The first A-Spec Acura TLs are set to arrive later this month.
LAS VEGAS -- The Acura Division version of Honda Factory Performance parts has been renamed A-Spec. The first A-Spec car will be a TL that will arrive this month.

Performance changes will include 18-inch wheels, Yokohama tires, high-performance brake pads, track-tuned shocks and springs that lower the vehicle by 1 inch.

No changes will be made to the engine or transmission. Appearance changes include an aero kit and a rear deck spoiler. Acura estimates the A-Spec kit will cost about $5,000.

Honda Factory Performance also will make a special version of the Civic Si, with 17-inch wheels, stiffer shocks, lowered springs, an aero kit, and projector beam headlights and taillights. Honda estimates the package, which will arrive in December, will cost about $4,000.

At the Specialty Equipment Market Association show, Honda's accessories division also unveiled a concept version of the Element. The engine is beefed up to 200 hp with a high-flow exhaust system. The suspension has been altered to be better off-road. High-performance Brembo brakes made in Italy replace the stock calipers and rotors, while 21-inch wheels and tires fill the wells. The bumpers and grille are restyled as well. Inside, the instrument panel has been changed, the door panels have been redesigned and the seats are more supportive buckets.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
How much is a Civic Si these days, $18k? So tell me, who would pay $22k+ for a 160hp Civic? :confused:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
White98LS said:
How much is a Civic Si these days, $18k? So tell me, who would pay $22k+ for a 160hp Civic? :confused:
i'd get a rsx-s for that price. much better car anyway. i don't care for those little minivan si's.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

Toyota

Toyota won't advertise its new Corolla XR-S, but with a 170-horsepower version of the Celica GT-S' 2.0-liter VVTL-i engine and six-speed manual transmission under its hood, and an immensely attractive interior, this small sport sedan could prove to be the car that brings driving enthusiasts back to the Corolla. Toyota expects to build about 5000 of the XR-S sedans during the 2004 model year and that hardly seems enough of them. If only they'd advertise it

TCC

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Since when is the Celica GT-S a 2.0-liter?? :confused:

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
divinewisdom said:
the package is total BS, $5k for BS.
they should just bring over the real thing, like the type R.
wtf are they thinking.
Tell me about it. The Type R's are worth the extra $$$ and have the Hp increase as well as performance increase to go along with the higher sticker price.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
5.0 said:
Tell me about it. The Type R's are worth the extra $$$ and have the Hp increase as well as performance increase to go along with the higher sticker price.
Not to mention they do things like take out a bunch of weight. The current Civic Si hatch weighs more than my Integra.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
oh well.. SEMA is just want to sell some parts so i dont think its better than the factory installed performance. if honda bring all the Rs here, then no one can make money animore many some companies that sell the stuff for the cars

1 - 15 of 15 Posts