Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I was taking my brothers 2004 Dodge Ram HEMI for a boot around town and it was me and 3 of my buddies in the truck so it was pretty much packed with passengers...Our combined weight in the truck was probably 500 pounds. Well anyway we are doing about 60 km/h and we see a WS6 Trans Am ahead of us so I start to accelerate and as soon as Im beside it he starts to accelerate aswell...So at this point we are both right beside one another accelerating...mind you his car is packed with his friends too...So we are doing about 100-110 km/h and he just starts to accelerate out of nowhere and next thing I know hes in the distance so I dont know weather he sprayed or not? Anybody know what happened...Another one of my guesses was maybe the Trans Am just has a faster top speed?

Reactions: druuuu

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shaolin_style said:
Wow judgine from your sig you must be a ***.
Keep typing. Maybe, someday, you'll randomly type something semi-intelligent. Reading your post is less interesting than watching paint dry. If wit was spit, your mouth would be drier than a shallow well in an African heat wave. If you called the Suicide Hotline, they'd say: "Go ahead. Do it!" To sum up: I'd rather pass the world's largest kidney stone than read another post from you.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shaolin_style said:
Wow judgine from your sig you must be a ***.
P.S. If I ever see your civic on the road while Im driving a Ram I will run you off the road ;)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I know what happened. He got tired of pacing a bunch of dumbasses trying to race him in a truck and actually PUSHED THE GAS. I don't know why you think he would waste nitrous on you... that shit's expensive.

Reactions: druuuu

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would imagine the Trans Am having a higher top speed and plus it's A LOT more aerodynamic and at that speed it makes a difference. Plus its quicker :)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
A low 16 second truck verus a low 13 second high 12 second WS6?? I'm willing to bet he got tired of having you next to him and burried the pedal. Also with the aerodynamics of a pickup, the faster you go the harder he'll pull.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 3500lbs with 310hp and 340lb-ft(dynos prove more like 355hp and 365lb-ft)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 LB 2wd 5776lbs with 330hp and 375lb-ft

2200lb deficit make sense? If his woman weighed a ton you might have stood a chance.

Also can't you find a better picture of Anthony(Anthony Kiedis from RHCP for the slow folks). That does make my skin crawl a tad.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
illusion said:
A low 16 second truck verus a low 13 second high 12 second WS6?? I'm willing to bet he got tired of having you next to him and burried the pedal. Also with the aerodynamics of a pickup, the faster you go the harder he'll pull.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 3500lbs with 310hp and 340lb-ft(dynos prove more like 355hp and 365lb-ft)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 LB 2wd 5776lbs with 330hp and 375lb-ft

2200lb deficit make sense? If his woman weighed a ton you might have stood a chance.

Also can't you find a better picture of Anthony(Anthony Kiedis from RHCP for the slow folks). That does make my skin crawl a tad.
I agree with you...makes alot of sense...I cant believe nobody on this board could tell that was Anthony from RHCP even though they have been around for over a decade

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nathan123 said:
I know what happened. He got tired of pacing a bunch of dumbasses trying to race him in a truck and actually PUSHED THE GAS. I don't know why you think he would waste nitrous on you... that shit's expensive.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Why the hell was this question even asked? :rolleyes If you didn't have the common sense to figure out why you lost in the first place, then lord knows you don't need to be driving in the first place. You raced a heavy slow ass truck against a sport car, a WS6 at that. :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spray004 said:
Why the hell was this question even asked? :rolleyes If you didn't have the common sense to figure out why you lost in the first place, then lord knows you don't need to be driving in the first place. You raced a heavy slow ass truck against a sport car, a WS6 at that. :rolleyes
If you think the HEMI is slow you must have been dropped on your head when you were a child

·
Banned
619 Posts
I say you got a HEMI Dodge which I my self can beat umm and you raced a WS6 with a full car load and those cars run low 13's stock and your like low 15's stock so umm ya hes going to be in a distance LMFAO

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
anthonyzitek4 said:
If you think the HEMI is slow you must have been dropped on your head when you were a child
In the sence of a 6000lb pickup, it is pretty quick, but in the grand scheme of things it isn't really that fast, but then again I considered my accord v6 slow as a dog and it had run a 15.1(I went from a turbo prelude to the accord, so it was a step down in the speed dept.). My ford powerstroke makes about 400hp and 750lb-ft to the ground which translates to about 525hp and 950lb-ft at the flywheel using 22% loss. I've been up against a hemi powered 2500 and left him like he had it in neutral. He tried again and this time I locked her in 4 high, it wasn't even funny off of the line, massive torque and 4 wheels worth of 31" tires left him like he put it in reverse. Of course my truck is modded, but generally speaking a hemi powered truck is still not fast, but as far as a truck is concerned it is fairly quick. If they took that motor and stopped putting it in tanks like the trucks, 300C, and other monstrousities it would be pretty impressive. Hemi is a decent design, but never really set my ass on fire. When I was in the service I had a fairly stock 440 cuda, one of my buddies had a fairly modded 383 Hemi Cuda, and I owned his ass. The odd part was his car had a MUCH higher blue book than mine at the time because of the almighty hemi tag.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
IMOTEPHT said:
haha thats tight with a powerstroke :)

It's fun but NOONE likes to be around it. I feel bad when I drive it sometimes because if I even tap the gas it bellows pitch black smoke. If I do a WOT run you can follow me from 5 miles back because I leave such a huge smoke stream. The downside to a diesel that's tuned on the rich side of things. Also the smoke burns your eyes and nose, it's pretty horrid. Thankfull long ago auto makers decided to make exhausts come out the back, so it doesn't really bother me :D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IMOTEPHT said:
I say you got a HEMI Dodge which I my self can beat umm and you raced a WS6 with a full car load and those cars run low 13's stock and your like low 15's stock so umm ya hes going to be in a distance LMFAO
13 to 15 sec...thats just a 2 second difference and he wasnt that far ahead...he had me by 2 car lengths which isnt bad for a truck of this size...all Im saying is that...nothing else...

What kind of car do you drive anyway?

·
Banned
619 Posts
2 car lengths? you said he was in the distance and 2 sec in drag racing is alot more than 2 car lengths, its just that the trans am was probaly a V6 or a VERY VERY VERY bad driver cuz my sohc civic has got on some of those hemi trucks and ya they are quick but not WS6 quick.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IMOTEPHT said:
2 car lengths? you said he was in the distance and 2 sec in drag racing is alot more than 2 car lengths, its just that the trans am was probaly a V6 or a VERY VERY VERY bad driver cuz my sohc civic has got on some of those hemi trucks and ya they are quick but not WS6 quick.
This is the exact same car that I raced...
http://www.supercars.net/cars/[email protected][email protected]$Firebird Trans Am Collector's Editionx.html
Oh and I raced a couple accords and civics that night and ass raped them so I dont know...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.