Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here ya go. This one is mostly airbrushed with the exception of the rims and the side air scoop. It's my first time creating a custom kit from scratch... it was an interesting process and im sure i'll have more in the future :)

Please let me know what you think of it

Thanks.

Original:

The Mod List:
- Airbrushed Body Kit
- Side Air Scoop
- 20" Rims
- Taller Wheel Wells... for an extra low drop (includes airbrushing parts of the body)
- Eyelids
- Tints
- Gunmetal-ish Grill
- Mesh grill to match
- Red Paint
- Shaved Bentley Logo from on top of the grill
- Removed License Plate
- Some mods to the background also (the ground)
- Tweaked a few things like color and contrast on rims, headlights windows, etc.
i think thats all of it :)

KnightRyder Bentley GT:

I had fun with this one and i look forward to airbrushing some more :)

C&C Please.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
I see some jagged lines on highlights/bends, and the rer fender gets all fuzzy lookin.

use a 1px or .5px feather when lassoing, and also go in and lightly blur(15%) so that it rounds out edges :)

gotta zoom in on those, but its lookin pimplistic.

8/10 :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Looks really good. But I did notice a few things... the rear rim get real blurry towards the front of the car, I think if the lip showed just slightly it would look better. Also the brake rotor only shows through half the front rim and is HUGE!! If those are 20's then thats a huge rotor. And one last thing, where you shaved the front emblem, looks a little off color rigt before the center line for the hood an the shadow climbs a little too high. Other than those I think its awesome. I couldnt do that yet but I'm still learning.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.

5genlude - i did use the feather tool but it was at .3 instead, for some reason the picture was set at 300 dpi so a .5 or 1pxl feather was way too much. and i also noticed the jagged highlights but i was so excited to get it done i didnt bother going back and fixing minor things like that.

civic x 95 - thanks for pointing those things out. but i really had nothing do to with the rims, the only part i modified were the spokes (not the entire rim or rotors). the reason the rotor looks like it's only filling half the rim is because the caliper is back there and it's dark so it looks like thers nothing there but there is, check the original pic i got it from, the BMW M6. same with the rear rim, it was at that sort of an angle where the lip doesnt show up at at steep angle like this, but i know what you're talking about.

keep the comments coming :)

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
.3 will create jaggy lines

.5 or 1 is my rule of thumb, anytime i use other its funky.

airbrushing is tedious, just look at the body's characteristics, lighting/color/shape and copy so it fits and looks realistic. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.

O.T. - i got a new sig (finally)... didnt want to make a new thread just for that :)

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Nice sig...im redoing my s2k chop sig

also im looking for a few cars to work on, havent looked for a while.

new psc coming soon

i dont care if you've done it, you guys are participating...prolly a new pic anyways :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
goood shit doood. great airbrushing despite some of the little flaws thats been pointed out already. wish i could airbrush like that :D :tu

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Its simple ekkk really.

Thing im trying to learn is enviromental changes, how to make a car fit into a new enviroment

1 - 16 of 16 Posts