Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A sharp-eyed TCC reader took note of an unusual vehicle spotted recently - a vehicle that's an early precursor to what will become the 2005 Hummer H3. And here's what reader Mack King got from the unidentified driver of the prototype:

"According to the transport driver, the subject vehicle is a '06 Hummer. Upon observation the platform used is the '04 Chevy Colorado long-wheelbase pickup. Hummer cues include heavy rectangular boxed front and rear bumpers, a ramp-style front skidplate, a tailgate-mounted spare tire and short departure angle. The thermo-formed plastic fenders are disguise, as is the front plastic grille cover, which hides a blacked-out Colorado grille. I imagine a seven-bar vertical grille will be the production motif. The vertical taillights may be arbitrary or possible production intent in theme.

"The mule uses Colorado A-pillars and front doors. From the B-pillar to C-pillar abbreviated short rear doors. Between the C- and D-pillars are short rectangular rear side windows. The greenhouse has more tumblehome than the Hummer H2 as it aligns with the Colorado A-pillar and cowl. The IP is production Colorado. The rest of the interior was cobbled except for the front bucket seats. The powertrain features the GM 3500 DOHC in-line five, with a four-speed automatic and four-wheel drive. I could not determine if there were locking diffs.

By other accounts, the new H3 is due late in 2004 as a 2005 model

TCC

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
look at those wheels.. yikes. its almost as big as the truck wheels the shape still doesnt look hummerish..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That's the most ghetto, homemade, cheesy lookin suv I've ever seen. When does the Tracker based H4 come out?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
ck98vteC said:
That's the most ghetto, homemade, cheesy lookin suv I've ever seen. When does the Tracker based H4 come out?
maybe after the H3 success

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
ck98vteC said:
When does the Tracker based H4 come out?
Screw that, I'm waiting for the Cavalier-based FWD 4-cylinder H9 Roadster to come out, it's only gonna be like $30k.... :p

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
4DoorGs-R2001 said:
i thought those were traffic lights *the tailights*
lol-yeah-they do look like traffic lights-and that is one ugly pos-i never really like hummers, but that is one of the ugliest things that i have ever seen-

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The Hummer line of sport-utility vehicles has been a big hit for General Motors. Starting with the big H1, the company then introduced a smaller model, the H2. Next in line will be a still smaller model, the H3. These photos capture a pair of H3 prototypes being tested in severe cold-weather conditions. It is expected that the new H3 will be introduced in 2005 as a 2006 model. The vehicles in the photos have a cover hiding the front end, but other than that they are disguised only with some bits of tape and a confusing paint job. As with its bigger brothers, the H3's styling is boxy and macho. Despite the disguise over the front end, everyone knows exactly what it will look like - a slightly smaller version of the H2. This means a prominent chromed seven-slot grille flanked by single headlights, and outboard of that come the turn signal/marker lights.
TCC

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
91 F-body said:
Come on guys...you don't think it will really ship like that, do you?

Any future project that is being driven on the street is going to be covered and bandaged up to purposely make the car ugly/undefinable.
Exactly... Theres NO WAY that it would ship like that... it would be suicide...

~Peace :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.