Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics from auto deadline. All 3 are new additions to the Jag lineup. I odn't think the regular X-type Sedan was selling as well as Jag hoped, and so they decided to add variety/options/Special-editions to the linup.

Sport. The Sport adds sport-tuned suspension, deep front spoiler, and optional carbon fiber trim with Alcantara seat fabric.

Sport Wagon. The X-TYPE Sportwagon joins the Jaguar lineup alongside the X-TYPE sedans for 2005, powered by the 227-horsepower 3.0liter V6 with 5-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. The tailgate has an integrated spoiler at the top and the sloping rear window can be opened independently of the full tailgate.

VDP. The VDP Edition adds luxury and technology with premium sound system, dual stage heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, and burl walnut veneer interior trim. AWD is standard.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
repsol said:
looks like every manufactorer wants to make their cars SUV like.

cant imagine a Jag wagon!!!
Well, it's more cross-over like than SUV:). But i hear ya.

This is Jags entry level offering though and so they're trying to cater to everyone including the soccer-moms. So that calls for a wagon.

Since you brought up the topic of SUV, i wouldn't be surprised if Jag came out with an SUV in the coming years.

·
Registered
866 Posts
the x-type is a joke of the jaguar badge. audi gave me an x-type for a loaner car and i was highly disappointed. it's too much ford, not enough jaguar. it was a base model x-type, not a sport model or anything but when you compare a base model x-type to a base model A4, 3 series or C-class, the x-type is leaves a lot to be desired. never a huge fan of jaguar although the xj and xk series cars are quite nice. but the x-type is just unimpressive IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts