Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
hell, i know 2 people that drive xlr's, they're nice cars...
but whats so different about it that they're only going to make 250 of them? interior accents, and different paint with #of 250 on it?

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
njn63 said:
too bad they can't sell 250 of the normal ones :hehe
Ahaha, good one.

Here's my problem with the regular XLR.

Why spend 76k on this

When 10k more can get me this!

Or when 16k less can get me into this 365hp 5.4L SLK55 AMG though it is a bit smaller.

This high-end convertible sportscar market is really competitive, and i hope Cadillac re-evaluates the pricing of their XLR. It's a very nice car, but not too many will plop down the big $$$ for it. Not when you have better performing competitors available for less, and a bit more.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm still not a big fan of that super light colored wood. Something darker would look much better, like that black stained walnut they use in the Yukon Denalis.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
5.0 said:
This high-end convertible sportscar market is really competitive, and i hope Cadillac re-evaluates the pricing of their XLR. It's a very nice car, but not too many will plop down the big $$$ for it. Not when you have better performing competitors available for less, and a bit more.
Especially when any amount of agressive driving causes the engine to boil over along with the power steering fluid.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
njn63 said:
too bad they can't sell 250 of the normal ones :hehe
BHUAHAUEHAUEHAUEHAUHEA

yeah its black..... so the silver once will be Star Silver Limited edition and the PINK one will be PIMP STAR LIMITED EDITION

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
dodolaje said:
BHUAHAUEHAUEHAUEHAUHEA

yeah its black..... so the silver once will be Star Silver Limited edition and the PINK one will be PIMP STAR LIMITED EDITION
HAHAHAHA...The pink one will be a hit with all the rappers

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
05 tC said:
HAHAHAHA...The pink one will be a hit with all the rappers
a great barbie sportscar too :D

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hobie237 said:
i dont care what everybody else says... i like this car
I really like it too. Corvette chassis, 320hp 4.6 Northstar v8, good interior, good looking exterior, etc.... It has the makings of a very nice car. But the pricing is high, and people will find that a turn-off. I like Cadillac, and love the XLR, but would never plop down 76 large ones for an XLR. I would for the 440hp XLR-V, but not for a regular XLR. They need to price it around 66k and i can gaurentee it will sell in droves then.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
5.0 said:
I really like it too. Corvette chassis, 320hp 4.6 Northstar v8, good interior, good looking exterior, etc.... It has the makings of a very nice car. But the pricing is high, and people will find that a turn-off. I like Cadillac, and love the XLR, but would never plop down 76 large ones for an XLR. I would for the 440hp XLR-V, but not for a regular XLR. They need to price it around 66k and i can gaurentee it will sell in droves then.

they could drop the price a little... but cadillac was never for the light-of-wallet...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Did GM learn anything from the Cadillac Allante?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
hobie237 said:
i like that car, and yeah, pricing in the $60-$70k range isnt exactly for the light of wallet either, but i guess when a car is that expensive, what does $10k or so really matter?
competition. pay lil bit more got better brand aka better image ah typical marketing stuff. damn consumer behaviour

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hobie237 said:
i like that car, and yeah, pricing in the $60-$70k range isnt exactly for the light of wallet either, but i guess when a car is that expensive, what does $10k or so really matter?
10k does matter for the XLR, because 10k more can get you into a Maserati! A Maserati!!!! Would you seriously take the 320hp XLR over a 390hp Maserati? And for about 3k more than the 320hp XLR, you can also get into a 325hp 911 carrera Cabriolet. 11k more than the XLR can get into a 355hp Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet. These are Maserati's and Porsche's. That's way too close for comfort imo. Now pricing the XLR around 66k will give it some cushion in the pricing deparmtent. Cadillac is trying to compete in a very competitive segment with established nameplates like Porsche, Maserati, Mercedes Benz, etc... They should undercut all in price by a good margin while matching or delvering more performance if they want to be competitive sales wise.

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah seriously they really do need to consider their pricing..cadillac may be GM's performance luxury brand but it doesn't give them the right to set it in the same price range as the other performance luxury cars or exotics to say the least. I mean I'd rather pay cheaper and wait for the C6 convertible to come out...IMO that cars a lot more sexy and has an established name that says "DAM!!" :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.