Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac STS-V





General Motors Performance Division engineers were caught testing an STS V-Series engineering mule in Germany this week. The STS V-Series will be officially introduced next January at the NAIAS, and is expected to go on sale later next year. Power will come from a supercharged Northstar V-8.

thecarconnection
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
hmm I kinda think they are going a little over board with this V thing... What would be cool is a Escalade V Twin Turbo.... hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,837 Posts
Yeah an escalade V would be pretty cool, then they would have something to compete witht the AMG G55. They aren't going overboard with the V-series any more than mercedes and bmw have with AMG and M.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,160 Posts
is this the same 500hp car? or they have diff engine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,708 Posts
ehh, not sure if i like it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
belelelele said:
how is this car supposed to be compared to the cts-v? Wouldn't they compete w/ each other?
They wouldn't be competing in the same class because the STS is a much larger car. its like comparing a M3 to a M5. Yeah you can compare them but they are two different size cars and the M5 costs like $30,000 more. :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,494 Posts
AccordDriver92 said:
hmm I kinda think they are going a little over board with this V thing... What would be cool is a Escalade V Twin Turbo.... hehe

thats like saying BMW is going a little overboard with the M thing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
AccordDriver92 said:
hmm I kinda think they are going a little over board with this V thing... What would be cool is a Escalade V Twin Turbo.... hehe
Sorry, no Escalade V twin-turbo... but how about a Escalde with a 7.5L V12?

I don't know if they're still planning to do this, here's the article
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
dodolaje said:
is this the same 500hp car? or they have diff engine?
The STS V has a supercharged 4.6l Northstar and ths CTS V has a N/a LS6 (Z06 engine) The reasoning for this is that 1. The cost of developing a 400 hp N/A Northstar in time for the CTS V release date was deemed too high, and 2. It just wont fit. Despite giving up aliter in displacement, the Northstar's external dimensions are larger than those of the LS1/LS6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Found more info and pics








GM’s keeping the momentum going at its luxury brand with a host of wonderfully powerful and agile new models under the new “V-Series” banner.

First came the CTS-V, a 400-horsepower mid-size sedan developed through a zillion laps at the famed Nürburgring racetrack in Germany that could give the BMW M5 headaches — and for a lot less money.

Now there’s the new Cadillac STS-V, with a monster 440-horsepower engine tucked into a very capable chassis surrounded by sophisticated styling, technology and an attractive and sumptuous cabin.

To get the lowdown on this sensational luxury sports sedan, and for info on future V-Series offerings from Cadillac, pick up the February 2005 issue and read Detroit Editor Matt DeLorenzo’s cover story.


more pics can be found here:Road & Track

I guess it has a 440hp supercharge engine according to the pics and text.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,597 Posts
Rice_Boy_Racer said:







GM’s keeping the momentum going at its luxury brand with a host of wonderfully powerful and agile new models under the new “V-Series” banner.

First came the CTS-V, a 400-horsepower mid-size sedan developed through a zillion laps at the famed Nürburgring racetrack in Germany that could give the BMW M5 headaches — and for a lot less money.

Now there’s the new Cadillac STS-V, with a monster 440-horsepower engine tucked into a very capable chassis surrounded by sophisticated styling, technology and an attractive and sumptuous cabin.

To get the lowdown on this sensational luxury sports sedan, and for info on future V-Series offerings from Cadillac, pick up the February 2005 issue and read Detroit Editor Matt DeLorenzo’s cover story.


more pics can be found here:Road & Track

I guess it has a 440hp supercharge engine according to the pics and text.

ive seen an STS that looked Exactly like that, driving on the highway when i was visiting a friend down in Dallas, TX last March.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,658 Posts
Looks cool!

Pretty amazing how much not having a grille and the tape job actually helped distorting the shape of the car in the proto pics DW posted. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts





At the heart of every car in this segment lies a powerful yet refined powertrain, and the STS-V should be no exception. The engine, a 4.4-liter dohc Northstar V8 with variable-intake and exhaust-valve timing, is a modified version of the naturally aspirated 4.6-liter, 320-hp, 315-lb-ft Northstar V8 standard in the STS. The downsized bores provide extra strength to the block to handle the stress of boosting combustion via a Roots-type supercharger, the first supercharger on a production Cadillac.

-Autoweek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
sweet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,160 Posts
dunno why not as appealing as the germans..
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top