Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

When Ford launched its 220bhp Focus ST at the Geneva show, company officials were keeping schtum about an even hotter RS version in the pipeline. But now we've caught the flagship model undergoing cold-weather testing. Whilst the ST, which arrives in late 2005, gets 220bhp from Volvo's turbocharged five-cylinder 2.5-litre engine and is more powerful than the previous-generation Focus RS (200 bhp), the RS will be quicker still, with the T5 unit tuned for a good 250 bhp-plus and fitted in combination with the Volvo AWD system.

Like its earlier namesake, and forebears such as the Sierra RS Cosworth, expect the latest RS to take its inspiration from the newest Ford WRC car, which makes its debut in 2006. The previous Focus RS got many race-spec parts - Sachs dampers, Brembo brakes, Sparco seats, OZ Racing alloys, a Garrett turbocharger and AP clutch to name a few - so we'd expect this top-dog Focus to bring much of the rallying experience to the road. We don't predict a tacky bodykit and a huge wing, though: like the previous RS, it will probably remain reasonably understated.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
5.0 said:
250hp, AWD, simple clean looks :hug.

Ford needs to bring this here as an SVT, RS, ST or something.

Can someone fill me in on why an american car company doesn't sell it's best products in america? I guess I don't get it! That Focus is really nice, but will probably never set foot on our soil. :mad

·
Registered
199 Posts
Now why wont ford give us this instead of the pathetic svt focus. It looks nice, and the power & performance would give the focus a great boost in the youth market. Instead people are straying to dodge and gm's crop of sport compacts.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
VTECFREAK said:
Can someone feel me in on why an american car company doesn't sell it's best products in america? I guess I don't get it! That Focus is really nice, but will probably never set foot on our soil. :mad
That's the sad irony. Some of GM and Ford's best products aren't even sold in the states.

Europe will now have a 220hp turbo FWD Focus ST and a 250hp turbo AWD Focus RS...and what do we get? Nothing. Another sad fact is that these new crop of Euro's focus's are on the new platform which it shares with the Volvo small car and Mazda3 while our USDM focus is still on the old platform and will be for another 2-3 years. So ever our standard focus isn't as good as the Euro one.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
VTECFREAK said:
Can someone fill me in on why an american car company doesn't sell it's best products in america? I guess I don't get it! That Focus is really nice, but will probably never set foot on our soil. :mad
while we get the taurus and 500, australia gets the falcon, which is a kickass car. and this focus rs looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5.0 said:
That's the sad irony. Some of GM and Ford's best products aren't even sold in the states.

Europe will now have a 220hp turbo FWD Focus ST and a 250hp turbo AWD Focus RS...and what do we get? Nothing. Another sad fact is that these new crop of Euro's focus's are on the new platform which it shares with the Volvo small car and Mazda3 while our USDM focus is still on the old platform and will be for another 2-3 years. So ever our standard focus isn't as good as the Euro one.
you gotta remember that each of ford continent has its own leadership, with only some influence from the corporate in the US.

the RS has always been a product of the Ford europe and ford european rallying heritage (or something like that). they needed to produce these cars to meet the homologation of the WRC.

i dont think ford sees the need to bring this over here since they only want to sell at most 20,000 year of these to meet homogolation.

another point is that ford doesnt need to sell cars in the US. they live off truck sales. the only reason why they even bother producing cars is just to profit from the financing. in europe on the other hand, they actually need car sales.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I would pimp that Ford Focus RS if it ever came to the states over an SRT-4. AWD>FWD :D

Although, I would be curious to know whats the selling price of the Focus RS in Europe and how much it would've been here converted into U.S. dollars.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
JaySlide said:
back end looks like an EK civic
front look like volvo S40 but its nice and clean too bad US dont get one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.