W5-A580 5-speed auto transmission with Electronic Range Select
Quadra-Trac active on demand 4WD system
NV146 single-speed t-case
Axle, front, 200MM
Axle, rear, Dana 44/226MM
Axle ratio, 3.73
Body color mirrors
Bodyside molding, chrome
Boston Acoustics sound system (same as standard WK)
Brakes, larger diameter rotors w/Brembo calipers and functional brake ducts
Bright roof rack finish
Cargo storage bin, reversible/waterproof
Dual exhaust system with chrome tips
Emergency Brake Assist
ESP (Electronic Stability Program)
Fascia, unique, body color
Fuel tank, 20.5 Gallon
Grille, platinum finish w/honeycomb textured grate
Halogen headlamps
Interior decor, race inspired
Interior trim bezels, custom
Power steering cooler
Seats, power 8-Way driver, 4-Way passenger
Seats, leather trim with preferred suede
Shift knob, leather wrapped
Sill extensions
Spoiler, rear, bodycolor
Steering, performance tuned
Suspension system, custom w/lower ride height
Tires, front - speed rated GoodYear 255/45ZR20 ASP run-flat tires
Tires, rear - speed rated GoodYear 285/40ZR20 ASP run-flat tires
Wheels, front - 20" x 9.0" aluminum Wheels
Wheels, rear - 20" x 10.0" aluminum Wheels
Windows, power front with 1-touch up, 1-touch down
180-mph speedometer
pics

Looks nice, and i'm sure it moves too. The standard 330hp 5.7L Hemi version already runs 7.0 second 0-60's. Who know's, this 425hp version might crack into the 5's. It will be make its debut in NY autoshow on the 24th.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spray004 said:
I like it. One of the very few Jeeps I would ever own.
Is it because it is drastically different than anything we've ever seen from Jeep?

Their products are generally geared towards off-roading performance wise, and this new SRT-8 is geared more towards on-road performance with the lowered suspension, 20" wheels, 425 horses, bigger brakes, fairly low-profile tires, etc.... Kinda goes against their whole "trail-rated" theme and goes in a seperate direction.

I like it.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
5.0 said:
Is it because it is drastically different than anything we've ever seen from Jeep?

Their products are generally geared towards off-roading performance wise, and this new SRT-8 is geared more towards on-road performance with the lowered suspension, 20" wheels, 425 horses, bigger brakes, fairly low-profile tires, etc.... Kinda goes against their whole "trail-rated" theme and goes in a seperate direction.

I like it.
Looks better IMO. I've always actually been into 4wds more than performance street vehicles. I've never liked most Jeeps due to quality, size and praticality.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AccordDriver92 said:
I like! where were those pics taken?
I have no idea. It appears to be some sort of studio. Infact, the lady pictured kinda looks like the lady that hosts that one show with Regis (sp?). Just my guess.

hobie237, the number of current and upcoming sub-400+hp SUV's and trucks is mind-boggling. The whole roll-issue may be solvable. I don't know about the rest of these high hp SUV's and trucks, but the SVT'd vesion of the Sport-track has some sort of roll-preventing stability control. SVT/Ford claims it is an industry first, but it won't be long before the other companies come out with their version. Ford has also hinted at selling the tech to interested companies. So this tech might aid these high performance SUV's considerably in the coming future. But it'll probably be a while before they adapt such tech into this Jeep or that 400hp Trailblazer SS, etc...

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
5.0 said:
I have no idea. It appears to be some sort of studio. Infact, the lady pictured kinda looks like the lady that hosts that one show with Regis (sp?). Just my guess.

hobie237, the number of current and upcoming sub-400+hp SUV's and trucks is mind-boggling. The whole roll-issue may be solvable. I don't know about the rest of these high hp SUV's and trucks, but the SVT'd vesion of the Sport-track has some sort of roll-preventing stability control. SVT/Ford claims it is an industry first, but it won't be long before the other companies come out with their version. Ford has also hinted at selling the tech to interested companies. So this tech might aid these high performance SUV's considerably in the coming future. But it'll probably be a while before they adapt such tech into this Jeep or that 400hp Trailblazer SS, etc...

well, when i think of sporty vehicles i think of low, slung to the ground, small, fast cars that handle real well... something that suvs have serious issues with... the laws of physics are against them

the high hp can be good if used in an off-road type thing, but on road, give me a car any day

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i gotta go with hobie on this one... gimme a 250-300 hp car that can take corners over that heavy turd any day... hell, a 2000 lincoln continental would work, or an ls -- cts-v... suv's have no reason to be like that(high hp pavement pounder) especially a jeep, though i've never really looked at a jeep as an offroader, well, except the wranglers or whatever they are.

and isn't the anti-rollover tech. a mercedes original? i thought ASM did that... maybe ford is the first to put that sort of technology on an suv?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
:eek :wow OMG thats SiCK. I havent even heard about this.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.