Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i just can't get down with yellow cars....and as far as the design goes. it's a bit too busy for me. i like clean lines, a bit more suttle look. and with only 200 horses...i'll take the 06'si.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=115424

We've been raving about the 2006 Honda Civic Si for almost a year now. It blew us away the first time we drove it, beat the 2006 Volkswagen GTI in a comparison test and is quickly becoming one of our favorite long-termers. There's no doubt it's a great drive, but if there's one thing we have yet to get used to it's the styling. If we had a choice we would rather have something more like the 2008 Honda Civic Type R, the European equivalent of our Civic Si.

Apart from its hatchback rear end and the possibility of a four-door layout, the Civic Type R will be equipped much like our Si coupe. It will likely use the same 197-horsepower, 2.0-liter engine and a six-speed gearbox. None of the suspension specs were discussed at the unveil of the concept, but it's clear the Type R will get an aggressive set of wheels and tires to go with what we can only assume is an even tighter setup than our Civic Si given Europe's preference for sharp handling over ride comfort.

As much as this Type R coupe shares with our Civic Si it's doubtful we'll ever see it in the U.S., which makes us wonder if we'll ever get anything from Honda with a Type R badge. Squeezing more power out of the current Si's 2.0-liter engine would be a stretch given its already sky-high redline and 11.0:1 compression ratio, but there is an engine which presents some possibilities.

Displacing 2.3 liters and delivering 240 hp, the turbocharged four-cylinder introduced in the Acura RDX would turn the Si into a legitimate Type R. We've been told the engine will fit with nothing more than new motor mounts and a relocated intercooler. Add a little extra rubber up front to get the power down and Honda would have a Type R worthy of its badges. And with the RSX out of the picture there's room for Honda to add a few grand to the Civic's price without pushing into Acura territory. With that kind of power on tap, its odd styling would be the last thing on our minds.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think Honda is pulling our leg here... Extra door on the Type-R seems impossible as Honda already have a Civic 3 door. The extra line was only intended to stir up some controversy, or else, nobody would want to follow the progress story of a 200ps(197hp) Civic 3 door.

Here's a pic of the Civic 3 door... Notice anything different other than the wing + grill replacement? (Skyroof and rims are not included)

... Guess not eh?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Midi_Amp said:
I think Honda is pulling our leg here... Extra door on the Type-R seems impossible as Honda already have a Civic 3 door. The extra line was only intended to stir up some controversy, or else, nobody would want to follow the progress story of a 200ps(197hp) Civic 3 door.

Here's a pic of the Civic 3 door... Notice anything different other than the wing + grill replacement? (Skyroof and rims are not included)

... Guess not eh?
well the one in the UK does have 5 doors. (rear handles are at the very rear of the back window)

check out the 5th gear review here. it's about 2/3 way in.
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/04/11/2006-honda-civic-euro-hatchback-fifth-gear-review/

but then again the concept type R doesnt have them, hmm

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
It doesn't look like a Honda. Compared to a Prelude, the hood must be an extra 7-10 inches higher from the ground, and the overall height is almost in PT-cruiser territory. It definitely won't be mistaken for RWD.

·
Registered
972 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
It doesn't look like a Honda
Well, we have to accept the reality that Honda is starting towards another direction on the styling department. One trend I noticed on the JDM models though... At least some of the models almost shares the same fascia, making them looked almost like... Err, family. Next gen Stream, Airwave, JDM Odyssey have similarity on the front fascia.

Here's the new Stream pic taken from TOV.

And here's the current Airwave.

I guess Euro Civic also have similar fascia with the new Stream and Airwave.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
SeeMeGo said:
...Imo, honda has done some bad crack on this one :fear
Just a matter of opinion but I really must disagree. I am truly in love with the design and I really wish Honda would keep the hatch alive by bringing this one stateside. I would buy it.... even with all the student loans I need to repay!

According to that video, 55mpg on that diesel.... WOW! I didnt realize diesel got such good mileage. Makes me wonder where that would put a Diesel-electric car in terms of MPG.

·
Registered
972 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
According to that video, 55mpg on that diesel.... WOW! I didnt realize diesel got such good mileage. Makes me wonder where that would put a Diesel-electric car in terms of MPG.
There you go, another enlightened one :D The fuel consumption of diesel cars are just crazy frugal. The only problem diesel engine face is the high content of NOx and sulphur, but the amount of CO2 released is amazingly small. Accord Euro diesel emmits less CO2 than the gasoline powered I-4 trim. Forgot where I found the source, but the site has a simple table comparing the power and emission of the current generation Accord engines (K24, J30 and teh diesel one).

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
like The four door type-r better

dil2502 said:
the styling has to grow on me a little but it isn't bad at all
the type-r sedan looks much better :number1

·
Registered
733 Posts
It seems like most new/concept cars are so "tall" or seem that way- as many others have state-- i also wish that they went back a bit to more flat looking cars, it would be tight to have a new CRX come out though, lol i can just imagine a 2nd gen looking crx with awd and still be nice and light.. sweetness

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
unfortunately, in this obese everything society, we can only look to lotus for low and sleek...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts