Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Accord SE (4 cylinder). The drivetrain is adequate and it gets great mileage, but it handles really sloppy. The steeering column feels like it's made of rubber and the whole front end is too soft. I want to make it handle like my old '99 V6. At first I thought sway bar or urethane bushings up front, but it looks impossible to get off and no one seems to sell them (just the rear for this car). I don't really want to lower the car (maybel a little), I just want more feel and responsiveness in the handling department. Any one have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't know if I have any good suggestions, but what do you need more responsiveness for? The 06's are nice cars, and trust me, they're plenty stable even though it might feel like you're driving a marshmallow.

Enjoy a nice, smooth, mushy ride! Messing with your bushings and other misc. suspension components might void your warranty if you are not careful!

If nothing else, I know my Civic felt more "responsive" when I had wider aftermarket wheels on it. The suspension was still soft, but more rubber on the ground helped it nab corners a little better. Marginal at best, but it did help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.