Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We caught Ford's revamped Escape on public roads without its front- end camouflage, revealing the new mini-ute's completely new face for the first time. Early sightings of the Escape in various states of undress left us puzzled, as its bodysides seemed to go more car-like (without its usual chunky side cladding), while its front-end seemed to be more truckish (with its thicker egg-crate grille). Seeing the whole package nearly uncovered, the styling of the new Escape looks much more harmonious than we originally thought.

The Ford Edge heavily influences the look of the new Escape, but Ford has shied away from the Fusion-inspired three-bar grille. Instead, the Escape's grille looks a bit more like the Land Rover Freelander's. The bumper juts out aggressively, but the affect is softened by an Explorer-style air intake residing below the grille. In case anyone doubts this SUV's identity, "Escape" is sculpted into the front bumper, towards the left. Although no official confirmation has been given, many expect the new Escape to see its public introduction at the New York Auto Show in mid-April.

Thecarconnection

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
its on sale right? 0% or incentives on the hybrid model?

·
Registered
849 Posts
hobie237 said:
I never had any feelings toward the Escape one way or the other. I just hope it doesnt grow too much. The one thing I could say positively about it was that it was relatively compact in the SUV market.
i gotta agree with you on that. soo few small suvs out there, wish there were less HUGE ones and more small ones.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
let's face it...

with the size of most suv's nowadays, there's no good reason why people can drive such behemoths with a regular driver's license! those things should be driven by people trained not in a car! those morons can't even keep the damn things in between the lines on the highway!

i'm not saying to ban them outright - but it's ridiculous that someone can go and get a driver's permit based on learning how to drive in a car, pass a test, get the license, and immediately get into one of those suvs and is out on the road with smaller vehicles?

gimme a break!
our laws have gotta change to more accurately label and classify the vehicles people drive and how those people are trained.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
theflipimage said:
let's face it...

with the size of most suv's nowadays, there's no good reason why people can drive such behemoths with a regular driver's license! those things should be driven by people trained not in a car! those morons can't even keep the damn things in between the lines on the highway!

i'm not saying to ban them outright - but it's ridiculous that someone can go and get a driver's permit based on learning how to drive in a car, pass a test, get the license, and immediately get into one of those suvs and is out on the road with smaller vehicles?

gimme a break!
our laws have gotta change to more accurately label and classify the vehicles people drive and how those people are trained.

Better yet, just improve drivers education. Its not just an SUV problem, the SUVs just show the overall problem REALLY well. Of the times that people have nearly run into me for no apparent reason, they were mostly just regular cars, not SUVs.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
i don't believe things will improve with just education...

i'm just amazed at the size of today's trucks and suvs...
they are absolutely HUGE! it's unbelievable that a regular license gives the driver the ability to drive one...
those trucks are getting to be the size of commercial big rigs...
a separate license and driver training should be utilized if people prefer to drive them...

·
Registered
621 Posts
theflipimage said:
i don't believe things will improve with just education...

i'm just amazed at the size of today's trucks and suvs...
they are absolutely HUGE! it's unbelievable that a regular license gives the driver the ability to drive one...
those trucks are getting to be the size of commercial big rigs...
a separate license and driver training should be utilized if people prefer to drive them...

I agree, I can't count how many times I've been stuck behind a gigantic suv and don't have a clue whats going on in from of it. Are suburbans really necessary?? Just take 2 freakin cars.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
it's not even how many cars you have to take either...
think of how many of these suvs you see on the road with a tiny little person behind the wheel - THAT'S IT!!!

just as people say a 2 seat sports car is not practical - an 8 passenger excursion/escalade/etc. is not practical because most people drive alone in their vehicles - how often do you REALLY need that space/capacity?
isn't cheaper and more sensible to just rent one of these vehicles when the in-laws or freinds come over for the weekend?

also, it's just like supra spoilers with guys and these trucks - the higher the spoiler or the bigger your vehicle, the more you try to compensate for your lack of sexual confidence, right?
not knocking guys who NEED to haul stuff (read: construction workers, farmers, etc.) - just those guys who want just to project a FAKE image of themselves...

like a close friend of mine who got a new frontier...
we asked him one day if he could help us haul some plywood for some household renovations...
he said NO - that would get the back DIRTY...

WTF????

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts