Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Honda's boxy Element will get a restyling for the 2007 model year, with a revised grille, projector beam headlights, and new front bumper as shown in this prototype that was recently photographed during hot weather testing.

thecarconnection

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sprocket Rocket said:
whoa that looks a whole lot cleaner and less gay than the first one.
very true.
that car used to look like a homosexual version of a landrover. now they are starting to get the idea. With those black wheels, it looks pretty clean and im not embarassed to say its made by the same company as my car any more.

·
Registered
593 Posts
looks amazing. i think it wants to appeal more to a younger target, and i think this will help significantly.

now just give it the K23A.

·
Registered
238 Posts
They should have originally designed it with a removeable top option. An Si model might be a thought also. Hopefully they will actually get rid of the overdone brush guards on the fenders and monochrome the entire body.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
not bad with this design...but they need to make the tailpipe looks better...it's funny seeing a car that big w/ a tiny tailpipe sticking out in the back...

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
We already caught a glimpse of this restyle with the Element SC concept. I'm glad they finally fixed the hideous front end; my question is, why didn't they make it look like that in the first place? The relatively small change made a huge improvement in visual appeal.

flyingtoaster said:
Even the '04-'06 models look significantly better with metal body panels. I've only seen two all-metal ones.
The '06 EX-P isn't "all-metal" - Honda just started painting the fenders, tailgate, and front bumper. The outer panels are still plastic.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honda will need a rugged competitor for the Toyota FJ Cruiser if it really takes off. An affordable and rugged SUV with an open or removeable top might bring in a more younger and active demographic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.