Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
nissan shouldn't worry about profits on the GT-R here in the US b/c they will buy
it especially with the buzz generated by the media and press about the next gen GT-R. US consumers are itching to try see what the Japanese Vette is all about.
besides the aftermarket following will be bigger if theres a 6 cylinder in there. i just wish that nissan would have kept the RB series engines though, the most over built engines out there. s2000 is about to be put 6feet under though no matter if its a honda or acura.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
ThirdLane said:
purty. gt-r is not based on the skyline coupe(G35C) but its chassis is a dedicated gt-r chassis based on the new FM platform (think the new M35/45). It will share no supspension parts will any nissan/infiniti cars. suspension tuning responsiblity goes to Lotus, while engine tuning goes to NisMo and TWR(they built the Nissan LeMans racer R390GT), and I heard the final body design is handed over to a third party design team. so nissan is not kidding about this GT-R. The Skyline moniker is dropped from US bound cars since Infiniti uses alphanumeric designation. so expect it to be call either s-35/45 GT-R
Yup this guy is right.

I just read an article about this in the October Autoweek.

In the article it said it'll be out in 2007 in the US. The article said nothing about a v8, it just said it's rumoured to have a twin-turbo 450hp v6. :D
I'm in love with this car allready. :hug

·
Registered
306 Posts
I are bitching complaining about the looks of concept car.

It would've been better if they built on the R34's lines instead of just throwing the taillights onto a 350Z.
I'm bored to death of Nissan milking the Z33's sucess. Yes, it's a great car. Fun to drive right out of the box. Yes, it's okay you basically slapped on a new front grille and made a sedan version of the Z33.
No, it's not okay that you take the Z33 and throw on the Skyline taillights and call it the new generation Skyline.
Doesn't it seem like Nissan is really downplaying the Skyline in favor of FairLadyZ?
Nissan should scrape this crack-cocaine induced idea and build a Skyline with a Skyline in mind, not build off the Z33 and hope for a Skyline.
Nissan you dick licking son of a bitch.

On a side note, don't the Skylines go relatively cheap in Japan? Like $40,000 or so? I don't remember where I saw those numbers, but if that's true then why couldn't they have just started importing the Skylines and bump the premiums up 10 or 20,000. Like BMW does with the Mini's.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Umm... someone correct me if i'm wrong but the new GT-R doesn't share it's chassis with the skyline like the old GT-R did. So technically they're not milking the z33's sucess with this one. Of course I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Not to mention visually this car blows away the old skyline. The old skyline looks like a load of crap compared to this one.

Why would the s2000 be put 6 feet under? The s2000 is half the price of the skyline. :confused

·
Registered
306 Posts
5gencivic said:
Umm... someone correct me if i'm wrong but the new GT-R doesn't share it's chassis with the skyline like the old GT-R did. So technically they're not milking the z33's sucess with this one. Of course I may be wrong.

What I meant was, you can't tell me when you look at this concept car it just doesn't scream 350z?
I perfer the R33's front bumper and the R34's overall bodylines.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
JonnyGoBOOM said:
What I meant was, you can't tell me when you look at this concept car it just doesn't scream 350z?
I perfer the R33's front bumper and the R34's overall bodylines.
I prefer the R33's look flatout over the 32 and 34. But i still don't see where it's screaming 350z. Maybe I need to look at the two side by side.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
5gencivic said:
thats correct.

To that end, the rumor mill in Japan says that the production GT-R will have a front-mounted, twin-turbo, 3.8-liter V-6 engine that's a development of the 350Z's unit. Nissan's original plan to do a V-8 has been axed because the engine is too big and heavy to provide the dynamic balance the engineers want. The V-6 will reputedly produce 450 hp and 370 lb-ft of torque. The power will be sent to all four wheels via a seven-speed transmission. The all-wheel-drive system will feature a development of the GT-R's famed, torque-sensing, electronic ATTESA E-TS, matched to four-wheel steering.
automobilemag

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
JonnyGoBOOM said:
I are bitching complaining about the looks of concept car.

It would've been better if they built on the R34's lines instead of just throwing the taillights onto a 350Z.
I'm bored to death of Nissan milking the Z33's sucess. Yes, it's a great car. Fun to drive right out of the box. Yes, it's okay you basically slapped on a new front grille and made a sedan version of the Z33.
No, it's not okay that you take the Z33 and throw on the Skyline taillights and call it the new generation Skyline.
Doesn't it seem like Nissan is really downplaying the Skyline in favor of FairLadyZ?
Nissan should scrape this crack-cocaine induced idea and build a Skyline with a Skyline in mind, not build off the Z33 and hope for a Skyline.
Nissan you dick licking son of a bitch.

On a side note, don't the Skylines go relatively cheap in Japan? Like $40,000 or so? I don't remember where I saw those numbers, but if that's true then why couldn't they have just started importing the Skylines and bump the premiums up 10 or 20,000. Like BMW does with the Mini's.
dude i just finished telling people that the GT-R rides on its own chassis not based on current FM platform. As confirmed by GT-R cheif engineer. pay attention. in no way does this look anything like the Z or a Z with Skyline Taillights. Skyline moniker is being dropped because its no longer based on the Skyline Coupe. Read before you post

·
Registered
16 Posts
VtecAddict said:
Not to mention visually this car blows away the old skyline. The old skyline looks like a load of crap compared to this one.

Why would the s2000 be put 6 feet under? The s2000 is half the price of the skyline. :confused
Exactly, the old skyline was just a box. If the old one didn't have the capabilities that it had, people would just have called it an ugly box :D

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
miatabro said:
Exactly, the old skyline was just a box. If the old one didn't have the capabilities that it had, people would just have called it an ugly box :D
i don't know man R34 Skyline GT-R was very sexy not as sexy as the R33 but very sexy and menacing looking

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yea, definately a mean ass lookin car. Basically what the skyline has always been.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ThirdLane said:
dude i just finished telling people that the GT-R rides on its own chassis not based on current FM platform. As confirmed by GT-R cheif engineer. pay attention. in no way does this look anything like the Z or a Z with Skyline Taillights. Skyline moniker is being dropped because its no longer based on the Skyline Coupe. Read before you post
yeah, try readin the thread first. if third lanes info is correct its got its own chasis. looks like the z in the fact that it has four wheels maybe.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
if thats anything like the final product in the vid, it looks like ass... reminiscent of american styling i.e. cadillac. it just doesnt flow, the front has all these sharp and broad straight line angles, then the rear has rounded tail lights... the side body has bulky broad panels that weigh it down... i just dont see this car as menacing or agressive as previous models... bottom line, it looks like a designer couldnt shake off the 350z influences from his/her mind as they created this car, as evident by the similarities one can see from the 350 rotating alongside this concept

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Hoody Racer said:
well after like 10 concepts they finaly made the car

heres a lil video from tokyo
That's the old concept released a couple of years ago. It's much older than the current pics shown in the first post of this page. The production car will look quite similar to the one this thread is about; that video is way old and outdated.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
White98LS said:
That's the old concept released a couple of years ago. It's much older than the current pics shown in the first post of this page. The production car will look quite similar to the one this thread is about; that video is way old and outdated.
oh :(

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoID/6060405.002/page/1/country/jcf/nissan/more-nissan-skyline-gt-r-spy-photos

More Nissan Skyline GT-R Spy Photos

04-05-2006

Once again making the rounds at the Nürburgring race track in Germany is this super-powered, special-bodied Infiniti G35 Coupe. But insiders tell that this isn’t an Infiniti G35 at all. It is really a test vehicle for Nissan’s upcoming super sportscar, the Nissan Skyline GT-R.

Power for the Skyline is rumored to be a 450 hp, twin-turbocharged V-6 engine, which will put power to the ground with all-wheel-drive. Naturally handling is a top priority, and it is reported that Nissan has contracted with Lotus to help fine-tune track performance.

The car in the photos is obviously made up from Infiniti G35 coupe sheetmetal, substantially modified to fit the huge tires, and with a big front airdam. This is a test mule, though, as indicated by the poor fit of the rear bumper to the taillights. The final design will be much more like the Nissan GT-R Proto concept car that has recently been show at auto shows.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I don't think i would be disappointed at all if the final product was based on the G35 lines. I think it's got a great set of lines. Reminds me of the R33... my personal favorite.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts