Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
5gencivic said:
I don't think i would be disappointed at all if the final product was based on the G35 lines. I think it's got a great set of lines. Reminds me of the R33... my personal favorite.
yeah r33's were the sexiest gt-r. 07 gt-r is probably gonna be debuted in Tokyo.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
GT-R will be sold under Nissan, not Infiniti

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060412/20060412005469.html?.v=1

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 12, 2006--Carlos Ghosn, president and CEO, Nissan Motor Co. (Nasdaq:NSANY - News), today unveiled the all-new 2007 Nissan Altima and redesigned 2007 Nissan Maxima at the 2006 New York International Auto Show. Mr. Ghosn also announced that the next generation of Nissan's renowned GT-R performance car will be available in North America and badged as a Nissan model.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Sweet!!! I think that's the right decision.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
When's the official reveal? I'm hoping to see it at the NAIAS Detroit this winter. Only managed to take 330 pics last year :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
i am not feeling what they have done to the skyline.....its a very huge change that you would see to the pervious generations...... like some of the other guys are talking about it looking like a 350z...i am not feeling it....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, it looks like a more performance-oriented 350z. If they would make it just a little less rounded, especially in the front, the car would look much more like the R32-R34. It would look much more mean and agressive, and less futuristic.

They should use the R34 as a base because that car was amazing. It looked so mean and agressive. I just wish it had come to the US. The front of the R34 was amazing - mean and agressive. If you saw it in your rear-view mirror as it was lapping you, you would know for sure that it meant business and it was gonna kick your tail. In my opinion, it was the best looking car ever made.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
capntoll said:
When's the official reveal? I'm hoping to see it at the NAIAS Detroit this winter. Only managed to take 330 pics last year :p
nissan has said it would debut at this fall's tokyo auto show.

·
Registered
14 Posts
just seen pictures of my new dream car! :D

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Nissan takes pre-orders for GT-R

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-takes-pre-orders-for-gt-r.html

Nissan dealerships in Japan began taking pre-orders for the upcoming GT-R sports car yesterday. Buyers will be able to place their pre-orders up until the car's October 28th unveiling at the Tokyo Motor Show. However, anyone who signs to take delivery of the car must do so, no order cancellations will be allowed.

The GT-R is available in three different variants. The standard model is rated at 480 horsepower and starts at $57,000 with the up-level V-Spec raising the price to $67,000. The GT-R EVO-Spec — which has 530 horsepower and sheds 200 pounds — retails for $94,000. Buyers will begin to take delivery of their cars starting in December.

There has been no word from Nissan if the GT-R's warranty will be voided if it is sold within the first year it is titled.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Nissan promises special care for GT-R sportscar

Nissan promises special care for GT-R sportscar

TOKYO (AP) -- Nissan's new super-sportscar, the GT-R, is a rare challenge to the dominant Europeans by a Japanese automaker more used to family friendly offerings like the Altima sedan.

Nissan claims the muscle car, to be introduced at the Tokyo Motor Show opening next week, is so sophisticated it is training scores of maintenance workers at dealers in Japan to service the vehicle.

"The GT-R requires special attention because its technology is so advanced," Corporate Vice President Takao Katagiri said Wednesday. "It also calls for finesse in salesmanship because the sales representative must deal with customers who are going to be very demanding."

Nissan is setting up 160 showrooms called "high-performance centers" around the country for maintenance work on the GT-R.

Similar back-up support for the GT-R is being considered for the U.S., where the sale will follow the Japan debut, but details aren't decided. The service will be offered at American Nissan, not Infiniti luxury, showrooms.

BMW and Mercedes sportscars need special care for their revved up, delicate engines, but such dealers are prepared for high-quality maintenance.

Anticipation is high among car fans for the 7.8 million yen (US$67,000) Nissan GT-R, although Nissan has given scant specifics.

Nissan has not given a U.S. price yet, but the vehicle is being promised to come under US$80,000.

Futuristic-looking "concept," or show, models have been displayed in recent years, but the sales model unveils at the Tokyo auto show, which opens to the public Oct. 27.

Nissan has set up a Web page with a countdown clock until the launch to hype the car. GT-R won't be promoted in Japan with any TV ads, which Nissan says are only effective for mass market models.

Super-sportscars aren't expected to sell in numbers, especially after the hype wears off, but they are critical for a manufacturer's image, not a practical moneymaking endeavor, analysts say.

"Obviously, the size of the market is very, very small," said Credit Suisse Japan auto analyst Koji Endo. "It's really an image issue."

Japanese rival Toyota Motor Corp. is also strengthening its sportscar lineup, and recently showed the Lexus IS F, which goes on sale in Japan in December, and early next year elsewhere.

Sportscars come with some risks.

Nissan officials said they were worried about possible social ills -- citing safety and noise concerns -- from how people might use or modify such a powerful car.

"We feel a social responsibility," said Nissan marketing director Yoshimitsu Kaji. "We must deliver on maintenance so everything is safe and legal."

·
Registered
35 Posts
The history of the Skyline

First Generation, The Prince Skyline ALSI (1955-1963)

Second Generation, The Prince Skyline S50 E Series (1963-1968)

Third Generation, The Nissan Skyline C10 (1968-1972)

Fourth Generation, The Nissan Skyline C110 (1972-1977)

Fifth Generation, The Nissan Skyline C211 (1977-1981)

Sixth Generation, The Nissan Skyline DR30 (1981-1985)

Seventh Generation, The Nissan Skyline HR31 (1985-1991)

Eighth Generation, The Nissan Skyline BNR32 (1989-1993)

Ninth Generation, The Nissan Skyline BNR33 (1993-1998)

Tenth Generation, The Nissan Skyline BNR34 (1999-2002)

The Nissan Skyline V35 (2001-Present)

Courtesy of NissanForum.com

81 - 100 of 109 Posts