Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and I seriously hope someone can give me some insight, I was rotating tires and the car shifted, the front jack came off the subframe and punctured the oil pan, I found some replacement pans and took down the engine, I removed all 10 bolts but the pan won't separate, I've tried wedging scredrivers ana hammering but only gaps on 1 side, I don't know if I have to remove the electric stator bolted on the side, I have a replacement engine without the electric motor attached and there's no bolt holes with the stator removed so I don't think something is holding it from within the ima housing, I want to remove the broken oil pan and put a new one cause I don't need to replace the entire engine, any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
642 Posts
This is my first post and I seriously hope someone can give me some insight, I was rotating tires and the car shifted, the front jack came off the subframe and punctured the oil pan, I found some replacement pans and took down the engine, I removed all 10 bolts but the pan won't separate, I've tried wedging scredrivers ana hammering but only gaps on 1 side, I don't know if I have to remove the electric stator bolted on the side, I have a replacement engine without the electric motor attached and there's no bolt holes with the stator removed so I don't think something is holding it from within the ima housing, I want to remove the broken oil pan and put a new one cause I don't need to replace the entire engine, any advice is greatly appreciated
the service info reads as follows
Oil Pan Removal
1. Drain the engine oil.
2. If the engine is already out of the vehicle, go to step 15.
3. Remove the steering joint bolt.
4. Remove the front wheels.
5. Remove the engine undercover and the splash shield.
6. Remove the A/C condenser fan shroud assembly.
7. Disconnect the A/C compressor clutch connector, then remove the A/C compressor.
8. Remove the intake manifold stay and the harness clamp.
9. Remove the under-floor three way catalytic converter (TWC).
10. Disconnect the suspension lower arm ball joints.
11. Disconnect the steering gearbox harness connectors.
12. Attach the universal eyelet, and the engine hanger.
13. Remove the lower torque rod mounting bolts.
14. Remove the front subframe.
15. Remove the harness clamps (A) and the mounting bolt (B), then remove the dipstick tube (C).
16. Remove the lower torque rod bracket mounting bolts.
17. Remove the two bolts securing the transmission.
18. Remove the bolts securing the oil pan.
19. Insert a flat blade screwdriver where shown, and separate the oil pan from the engine block.
hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts