Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"As confirmed earlier, Acura NSX will be powered by a 4.5 Liter V10 front-engine used in Formula 1. Acura decided to use a V10 engine because the old NSX, especially on the US market had too few cylinders. So, a V10 engine will offer bigger output and faster car. That will allow the NSX to compete with others models that are allready sold on the US market, like Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo and the new Maserati GT..."

This is from a new preview on the 2009 Acura NSX, from Topspeed, featuring information about design, performance and pricing, as well as a video and photo / wallpaper gallery.

You can read the whole article here:
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/acura/acura-nsx-ar18851.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
show love

:bomb Any honda with a V10 and is aero dynamically correct= Beautiful and wicked fast. Prediction- the new skyline and supra are gonna get whipped by sweet sweet NA V-tec power. show some love....

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I think it looks like ass right now, but it is only the concept.

Ha, the thing that gets me is that the 3.2l six has too few cyl's, but this new car has more cyls, but only displaces 1.3l more, lol.:hehe

But it would be sweet to have a v-tec v10 I hope the formula they use for performance will be a good one, knowing honda it will be.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
dreaming of a v-10 civic right now. yes with vtec and a higher revving v10 than most other cars this car should be pretty fast. I'm sure within the first couple months of production we will see a twin turboed version. just think the viper only revs to about 6000rpm, could you imagine one that revved to 8,000-9,000rpm or even 10,000rpm? I like how the rear end looks but the side and front do need improvement.

TopSpeed said:
What engine will be used in the car is still a subject of debate. It is expected that Honda will use its Formula 1 know-how and will develop a 5.5 liter high-rev V10 producing around 550bhp. Most likely it will also feature Honda’s VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) technology, allowing the engine to run on only 5 cylinders, boosting fuel efficiency and reducing CO2 emissions. That will allow the NSX to compete with others models that are already sold on the US market, like Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo and the new Maserati GT.

The NSX’s 4.5 liter V10 engine will smaller than current BMW’s M5 and the upcoming Lexus V10. It will have a V angle of 95º, similar to F1 engines. The car should reach around 120HP/L with max output of 550Hp. Top speed is expected to be around 200 mph and the 0 to 60 mph sprint in 3.8 seconds.

With the V10 the new NSX will be the most powerful Honda ever. The car maker is aiming for the top in producing engines. The new Honda/Acura NSX will move upmarket, and will target Aston Martin
they seem to have a typo it will be either 4.5 or 5.5 either way it will have 550bhp

the pics are only what topspeed thinks it will look like from descriptions they got. its not what acura will necessarily produce.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Wicked.. nsx's are and always will be my dream car.

I absolutely need one when I get outta college.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
^^^^ Werd, I want an NSX when I get outta collage and get a sweet job too man, I am right there with you.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Triple Werd. That's my plan for my first gift to myself if I get a good engineering job outta university...Hopefully the 2002+ will be reasonably affordable in 2009, 2010. :D:D

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I can't say I care for it. The HSC was nice, but these are concepts, concepts almost never look like production cars, at least in this case I hope it doesn't.

I'd like a more flowing, design that does not look like a car from the terminator or battle star galactica. idk, my .02

·
Registered
811 Posts
Not that I can't say that I wasn't saying the same thing a couple years ago, but when you guys do graduate and get a job and the 'real world' finally hits you.....you might want a new/different car really badly, but man it's hard to justify. Cars are such bad investments to begin with (if you can even call it an investment), but there are ton better things to be doing with your money when your in your early 20s and just starting off :).

I bought $10k of Google stock earlier this year when it was ~$400 a share and sold a couple weeks ago when it was low $700s and pocketed almost $7k and didn't have to do a thing :). I was going to put that $10k into a new Si. Now I've turned it into ~$21k doing some amature day trading (in addition to the lump with Google).

Anyway, end rant :). You both have sweet Tegs anyway, I'd keep on them and save your money if I were you.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Not that I can't say that I wasn't saying the same thing a couple years ago, but when you guys do graduate and get a job and the 'real world' finally hits you.....you might want a new/different car really badly, but man it's hard to justify. Cars are such bad investments to begin with (if you can even call it an investment), but there are ton better things to be doing with your money when your in your early 20s and just starting off :).

I bought $10k of Google stock earlier this year when it was ~$400 a share and sold a couple weeks ago when it was low $700s and pocketed almost $7k and didn't have to do a thing :). I was going to put that $10k into a new Si. Now I've turned it into ~$21k doing some amature day trading (in addition to the lump with Google).

Anyway, end rant :). You both have sweet Tegs anyway, I'd keep on them and save your money if I were you.
Damn, I miss all my stocks. I had to sell all $25k of my shares of various stocks to get started at school (Thank you Lockheed-Martin for winning the JSF contract). School at home (Mech-Aeronautical Engineering) woulda been covered, but since I found this Mech-Automotive degree here in Windsor, that hardly covers 2 years:cry

It would be mega difficult not to get a hold of a 2004ish NSX if I landed a nice job out of university lol.....but yea, starting up a brand new portfolio again might be a better idea...especially since I'm keeping my Teg forever:hug

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.