Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I fully agree with Johnlude85. I think that if they'd stuck with what has been hinted at over the last year or so - the Honda HSC concept car - as the next NSX, I think that the car would've been positively deadly in the realm of supercars. If they'd done a slight remodel of the HSC design (maybe stretched the rear end a little to fit a 4.0-liter V10) and stuck with that, I think that the car would've been absolutely badass...

...as for this 'new NSX' - it may be 'new', but based on that vid, it will NOT be an 'NSX'. If it's not mid-engine, rear-drive, and ends up resembling a big european-sports-coupe-converted-RL/TL-Crossbreed... well, point made, it's just not an NSX anymore.

Now, all negative factors aside - there IS one big thing that this course of action COULD be in response to -- the Infiniti GT-R coming in the next year or so, especially if it ends up being all-wheel-drive like the guy in the vid suggested.

My final overall thoughts: Give this particular car a different name and put it into production! And then come back and make a real NSX. :p

EDIT: Forgot to mention - DAMNED good find, duder! :)

Reactions: speedjunky01

·
Registered
3 Posts
New NSX

I understand and like the V-10 engine since the have renewed themselves in
Formula One racing. I agree the body looks uninspired. As nice as all of their designs have been and the go to the reworked new body styles. Lame. Pontiac is nowhere near the level of Honda/ Acura but look at their designs lately. Acura needs to step it up!

·
Registered
849 Posts
t1r9a7n5sam said:
I understand and like the V-10 engine since the have renewed themselves in
Formula One racing. I agree the body looks uninspired. As nice as all of their designs have been and the go to the reworked new body styles. Lame. Pontiac is nowhere near the level of Honda/ Acura but look at their designs lately. Acura needs to step it up!
if they are trying to be inspired by Formula 1 they need to lose that FAT LOOK and get something slim and elegant like the OLD NSX was.

we don't want a sexy lady in a fat suit! give us the slim version damnit!!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
"Then there was the $65,000 price tag, cheap for its class but expensive for an Acura. The brand was only five years old at the time and its only other model was the $30K Legend sedan"

liiessss!!!!!!
integra? i think the vigor??

idk how much i trust that source.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.