Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If you're in the market for a luxury car that's a bit different, choices are slim. But I wager that Acura's RL may just be what you’re looking for - if you can forgive a few foibles.

Apparently, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But in this case I disagree. If you take a look at the "old" RL and the "new" RL, it's obvious that a quick restyling of the front and rear fascia was all Acura had in mind to make it look like its siblings. That mentality created two problems. First, the RL is no longer one of the most attractive modern luxury cars on sale. Second, it looks just like the better-selling (and better performing) TL SH-AWD - that also happens to be less expensive. Sales of the RL were never very strong, sure, but at least buyers could claim the extra went toward paying Acura's talented design team.

Where the extra cash goes to now, I don't know…oh wait, what about its toys?

More: 2009 Acura RL on AutoGuide.com

· Registered
39,372 Posts
i love everything on it but the front. they should have kept the older generation style front/grill. same goes for the TL and TSX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.