Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2009 honda pilot and was wonder how do you set the volume to the rear for my kids to hear the DVD thats playing? i have tried the controls fader but the volume goes down. the speaking part on the mmovie comes from the center channel. and i have to turn it up loud for them to hear in the 3rd row.it came with 2 headphones. but i have 4 kids help!! lol Girty

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Are the headphones wired or wireless? If wired, it's easy, get two headphone splitters, and buy two more sets of headphones - then each of your 4 kids will have one of their own headsets. If wireless... not sure. Owner's Manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wireless

they are wireless. i didn't see anything in the manual. its just odd that the voice comes out the center speakers and not all of the speakers! anybody else have a salution on the matter, im sure im not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When you turn on the system, the rear speakers are automatically turned off if the rear speaker selects a different entertainment source than the front system. You will see the Rear Speakers Off Icon in the audio display. The sound for the rear system is sent to the wireless headphones.

If you want to turn the rear speakers on again, press and hold the REAR PWR button until the Rear Speakers Off icon goes off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda fader

I have the same problem. When not using the headphones, all the speaking voices come out of the front center channel. When the fader is set to the rear speakers, there are no voices heard as the front speakers including the center channel are turned off. I have a feeling this may just be a quirk of the Pilot's entertainment system but I am going to check with the dealer. Let me know if anyone else has solved this.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Sounds like a typical 5.1 or 7.1 system to me... speaking voices are supposed to come out of the center channel, regardless of fader. Music and other sound effects should come from front and rear speakers. Maybe not the best designed system for an automobile, but at least that's the way they do it in home and movie theaters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts