Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know the scoop if subaru is going to make an STi sedan again instead of the hideous hatchback/wagon style in 2011/12?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's... good i tried searching for some news or pics but its hard to find... i read an article awhile ago but i dont remebre where i saw it. hopefully the price wont be $38,000 like the Evo

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
does that means it comes with tea and crumpets since it's the euro spec? and bad teeth

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
does that means it comes with tea and crumpets since it's the euro spec? and bad teeth
It depends
The french one has a garlic dispenser and Bidget maker
the Italian one has a Pizza oven
and the UK one has a built in tea pot and mini crumpet oven.
:rolleyes

:lol

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the American one comes with an address book to all the mcdonalds and pizza huts?

·
Registered
526 Posts
the sti is going to be a sedan...no word whats happening with the hatcbacks. the regular wrx with look just like the sti with fender flares, wide wheels and all.
seems like they may phase out the sti since the wrx and sti are pretty close in power and 1/4 times

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
the sti is going to be a sedan...no word whats happening with the hatcbacks. the regular wrx with look just like the sti with fender flares, wide wheels and all.
seems like they may phase out the sti since the wrx and sti are pretty close in power and 1/4 times
i would think they would just up the hp on the sti...but there is a 50 40is hp difference and suspension and a 6speed getrag tranny i believe...you don't really buy an sti for power.......the current wrx run's a 13.7

·
Registered
526 Posts
car and driver tests for the 09-10 wrx vs 09-10 wrx sti 1/4 times clock the wrx at 13.5 and the sti at 13.6.

the wrx
Power (SAE net): 265 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 244 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

the sti
Power (SAE net): 305 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 290 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

but the sti is about 200 pounds heavier and has an extra gear to go through.
i'm not knocking the sti whatsoever...its almost a perfect car that has been over engineered, but the base wrx is coming too close to sti numbers. so the options are to either phase out the sti (especially since subaru is no longer in the rally business) or substantially bump up the numbers for the sti. one can easily purchase a base wrx, get a turboback exhaust and walk all over the sti.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah they aren't 1/4 mile cars but they are good at it...what they do on the dirt course is what they are really meant for....i saw a sicknasty wagon 2 says ago at ikea...

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
me like 2011 4dr. The hatches are fuggly

1 - 20 of 44 Posts