Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
ur idea of luxury is flawed......
when was mitsu ever a luxury ? :hehe
since it came fully loaded with a pristine quality interior and state of the art handling and performance. you're right. what was i thinking with all of the controls in the steering wheel, and a premium sound system. silly me

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
you do realize we're talking about an evo x right?2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X - Top Speed

Three different Lancer Evolution models will be offered in the U.S. market for 2010: the GSR with a 5-speed manual transmission and the Lancer Evolution MR and MR Touring, both with a 6-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST), a new-generation automated manual transmission. The MR model is equipped exclusively with Bilstein shock absorbers and Eibach springs, two-piece front brake rotors for better heat dissipation, BBS forged-alloy wheels, HID headlamps and additional interior features. The MR Touring model adds to the MR’s impressive list of features with such premium options as a power glass sunroof, leather seating surfaces with heated front seats, rear lip spoiler, automatic on/off headlamps, insulated front windshield glass, and improved sound insulation. The GSR is now also available in Rotor Glow Orange.

I
nside, the Lancer Evolution presents a "class up" approach and shows a new international flair. Available user technology, including high-end Rockford Fosgate® audio and navigation systems, reflects the tastes of a broadening customer base.
TC-SST Automated Manual Transmission
Exclusive to the Evolution MR and MR Touring models for 2010, the 6-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic ShiftTransmission (TC-SST) is an automated manual transmission capable of executing lightning-quick upshifts with no drop-off in engine power. The TC-SST features both a console-mounted shifter and magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters and offers manual and fully automatic modes.

Essentially, the TC-SST is a manual transmission that can select two gears at a time: one gear is engaged by one of the two wet multi-plate clutches, and the other is pre-selected, awaiting to be engaged by the second clutch. The gear change is made – either manually or automatically depending on mode selected – when the electro-hydraulically operated clutches are "swapped," which occurs simultaneously, with no perceptible lag time.

The TC-SST offers three drive modes – Normal, Sport and S-Sport – and within each, the driver may choose automatic or manual shifting. Sport mode uses higher shift points (in Automatic) and quicker shifting to deliver instant throttle response for better performance feel. Sport mode is also useful for driving in mountainous areas or when engine braking is required. The S-Sport mode can be selected for performance driving situations, such as track events.

Better Everyday Driver
Further balancing performance with value and luxury, Mitsubishi has been able to equip the
Lancer Evolution to be a markedly better car for everyday driving. A new high-contrast multi-color LCD instrument meter enhances visibility while a leather parking brake lever with chrome release button adds a premium feel. The MR and MR Touring see the increased addition of Phantom Black interior accents with storage compartments and a standard FAST Key™ entry system. FAST Key allows the driver to unlock the vehicle simply by having the remote in a pocket or purse and grasping the handle on either of the front doors or the trunk.

New for 2010, the Lancer Evolution MR Touring model offers a premium, upscale feature package geared towards everyday driving. Adding to the MR’s premium feel, the MR Touring includes such further options as a power glass sunroof, leather seating surfaces with heated front seats, rear lip spoiler, automatic on/off headlamps, insulated front windshield glass, and improved sound insulation.

Available user technology, including Rockford Fosgate® audio and navigation systems, reflects the tastes of a broadening customer base. A hands-free Bluetooth™ cell phone interface system is now standard on all models, as well as an MP3 auxiliary input jack . The MR and MR Touring models now feature a standard Rockford-Fosgate Punch® 710-watt (max.) premium sound system with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 capability, and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a three-month service subscription.

The available Sight, Sound and Spoiler Package for the Lancer Evolution GSR combines the HID headlights, large rear spoiler and the Rockford-Fosgate Punch® 710-watt (max.) premium sound system with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 capability, FAST-key and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with a three-month service subscription.
so it's quiet, comfortable, full of features, handles, and has leather interior with premium sounds......sounds like a faster tsx which is a luxury car especially if you get it with the paddle shifters with automatic mode

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
it's a luxury car whether you like it or not. just so happens to be a sports car as well. almost like a baby gtr. which is a luxury sports car.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
thank you. i don't know what more they want for it to be called a luxury car. just because it doesn't have a 70K price tag and a bmw/mercedes logo on it doesn't mean it's not a luxury car. hell you can get a used audi a4 with fewer features and a lower pricetag and that's still considered a luxury car

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
the 8's are nothing to write home about either. Its still a lancer interior, its not that impressive imo.

not to say its shitty, and a shitty car, but its nothing like the evo x or other luxury sport cars.

I like the 8's and 9's because they didn't go that route. There a no frills, bare bones street legal rally/track weapon, the gizmos add extra weight.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah my only people is people are basing luxury on the name of the car not what comes with it. i call leather interior, premium sound, fully loaded, factory navigation, premium performance and styling luxury. i don't know what else you would call it. does 4 rings on your hood versus having 3 triangle on your hood differentiate you from being luxury and non-luxury?

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Subaru's and Lancers are cheap mass produced family cars in japan thats what they were designed to be.
They just spiced things up with WRC and it worked well!

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Subaru's and Lancers are cheap mass produced family cars in japan thats what they were designed to be.
They just spiced things up with WRC and it worked well!
the evo x is almost a completely different car from any previous generation evo.

that's like comapring the r32 gtr to the r35 gtr and calling the r35 a a piece of outdated crap because it shares the same r badge.

hell the evo x doesn't even a use a motor that is remotely related to 4g63. state of the art vvt, turbo charged, hollow cammed, all aluminum, perfectly square motor, with state of the art feartures, suspension and performance...hell you can get it with a twin disk paddle shifted 6 speed transmission factory while having navigation and such and you think it's a cheap mass produced car? have you ever even ridden in or seen a fully loaded evo x before?

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
the evo x is almost a completely different car from any previous generation evo.

that's like comapring the r32 gtr to the r35 gtr and calling the r35 a a piece of outdated crap because it shares the same r badge.

hell the evo x doesn't even a use a motor that is remotely related to 4g63. state of the art vvt, turbo charged, hollow cammed, all aluminum, perfectly square motor, with state of the art feartures, suspension and performance...hell you can get it with a twin disk paddle shifted 6 speed transmission factory while having navigation and such and you think it's a cheap mass produced car? have you ever even ridden in or seen a fully loaded evo x before?
They all started life like this . .

You cant compare them with the GTR, The GTR it was designed from the ground up to go fast.
These were designed as family cars.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
They all started life like this . .

You cant compare them with the GTR, The GTR it was designed from the ground up to go fast.
These were designed as family cars.
wow for real?

you do realize why it's called a "skyline" gtr for a reason right? because a gtr is an upgraded skyline or in america the infiniti series? just like the evo is an upgrade of the lancer..but the lancer and gtr are both race bread and share nothing but a name with the lesser variants unlike the past. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao the evo is the gtr of the lancers....a completely different beast

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
the 8's are nothing to write home about either. Its still a lancer interior, its not that impressive imo.

not to say its shitty, and a shitty car, but its nothing like the evo x or other luxury sport cars.

I like the 8's and 9's because they didn't go that route. There a no frills, bare bones street legal rally/track weapon, the gizmos add extra weight.
It's got what I want
Recaro seats, momo steering wheel, sport pedals, sun roof, sporty gauges
and the SSL you get leather interior, upgraded sound package, and sun roof

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
It's got what I want
Recaro seats, momo steering wheel, sport pedals, sun roof, sporty gauges
and the SSL you get leather interior, upgraded sound package, and sun roof
but it shares it's name with regular lancer so it must be a mass produced gloried shitbox. :lmao

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
wow for real?

you do realize why it's called a "skyline" gtr for a reason right? because a gtr is an upgraded skyline or in america the infiniti series? just like the evo is an upgrade of the lancer..but the lancer and gtr are both race bread and share nothing but a name with the lesser variants unlike the past. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao the evo is the gtr of the lancers....a completely different beast
Skylines are GT cars lancers and impreza's are not right?
(i had to google Infiniti :lol)
Have you ever seen how complex the chassis on a skyline is? why do you think they handle so well even in "cheap" form?
And yes Nissan like every other car building whore sold out on the newer skylines :( but is there such a thing as a slow skyline?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Skylines are GT cars lancers and impreza's are not right?
(i had to google Infiniti :lol)
Have you ever seen how complex the chassis on a skyline is? why do you think they handle so well even in "cheap" form?
And yes Nissan like every other car building whore sold out on the newer skylines :( but is there such a thing as a slow skyline?
1. the chassis strengths vary between the econo models and the sport models.....even the ITR had a substantially reinforced chassis over a base integra or even gsr. you said the gtr was built from the ground up to be fast and nothing compared to the other models, that's only true for the current r35....just like the skyline the evo is a different kind of beast...it's not like they took a lancer and made it lower and gave it more power. the wheelbase isn't even the same.

2. skylines don't handle that well and aren't that fast. you think a 210-220 whp 3500 lb car is fast? the rb20det r32's were pig fuck slow, the rb25 r33/r34's were pig fuck slow. don't get me started on the 4 door skyline 350's

3. what does gt car vs rally have to do with anything? the lancer wasn't built to be a rally car, the evo lancer was. same with subbie, standard skylines are family cars

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
1. the chassis strengths vary between the econo models and the sport models.....even the ITR had a substantially reinforced chassis over a base integra or even gsr. you said the gtr was built from the ground up to be fast and nothing compared to the other models, that's only true for the current r35....just like the skyline the evo is a different kind of beast...it's not like they took a lancer and made it lower and gave it more power. the wheelbase isn't even the same.

2. skylines don't handle that well and aren't that fast. you think a 210-220 whp 3500 lb car is fast? the rb20det r32's were pig fuck slow, the rb25 r33/r34's were pig fuck slow. don't get me started on the 4 door skyline 350's
My rb25det wasn't slow i did 166mph in mine, just long geared, And i disagree with the handling 4wheel steer and full twin wishbone independent, hell even the battery on a standard skyline is boot mounted for weight distribution. . :(
R33 weighs 1370kg (3000lbs).
0-60 in 6.21secs :(
240bhp and 263nm of torque.
the lowest 0-60 is the r32 and thats 8.8secs.

I only said the Lancer and impreza was originally designed to be a family car :(

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
3. what does gt car vs rally have to do with anything? the lancer wasn't built to be a rally car, the evo lancer was. same with subbie, standard skylines are family cars
:dunno: you brought it up and lost your rag :(

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
My rb25det wasn't slow i did 166mph in mine, just long geared, And i disagree with the handling 4wheel steer and full twin wishbone independent, hell even the battery on a standard skyline is boot mounted for weight distribution. . :(
R33 weighs 1370kg (3000lbs).
0-60 in 6.21secs :(
240bhp and 263nm of torque.
the lowest 0-60 is the r32 and thats 8.8secs.

I only said the Lancer and impreza was originally designed to be a family car :(
rb25 skylines are slow......they make like 195whp and weigh over 3k lbs...that's slow.....

new skylines are 3500 lbs and slow.

and you said the lancer was based off of a family car and the gtr was built form the ground up to be fast, when in fact that's not true.

stock rb25's in 240's aren't even fast and now you want to add 300-400 lbs?

a lot of those features you're listing were standard on stock 189 hp entry level 3 series bmw's(even had factory battery relocate) and integras, and maximas, and old school preludes. so no shit wasn't fast. any car can do 166 those aren't impressive times for a rwd turbo 2.5 liter car. they even come in the 4 door family car variant and you forget they had even slower non turbo rb25's and rb20's.

ALSI - 1 Series

The ALSI- 1 series was built from 1957 until 1958 in sedan and station wagon form. It was powered by the GA30, a 1500ccm OHV inline 4 engine producing 60 hp at 4400rpm.

ALSI - 2 Series

1958 saw the introduction of the ALSI- 2 series, which was built until 1963. The car was basically the same as its predecessor, except for a different bonnet emblem and a single large horizontal bar in the grille. New were also the quad head-lights instead of the twin lamps featured in the ALSI- 1 series and the GA4 engine with now 70hp.

BLRA - 3 Series by Michelotti

1961 saw the production of the limited edition, hand-built Skyline Sport BLRA- 3 series, designed by the Italian Michelotti. The car came in coupe and convertible forms and was powered by the GB4 engine, a 1862ccm OHC 4 cylinder pumping out 94hp. This car had a very beautiful design, but on the other hand was very expensive for its time. So unfortunately it was dropped in favor of the following S 50-E series, which was cheaper to produce.
sorry to break your heart but your car started out as a family car and it still is in base format

and more recently

looks like family car status to me

21 - 40 of 44 Posts