Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

2011 WRX STi sedan?

12K views 43 replies 10 participants last post by  Ruffryder 
#1 ·
anybody know the scoop if subaru is going to make an STi sedan again instead of the hideous hatchback/wagon style in 2011/12?

#9 ·
Yea and getting slower as well.

#5 ·

Yes Basically you are getting the Euro spec one same as us.

#7 ·
It depends
The french one has a garlic dispenser and Bidget maker
the Italian one has a Pizza oven
and the UK one has a built in tea pot and mini crumpet oven.
:rolleyes

:lol

#11 ·
the sti is going to be a sedan...no word whats happening with the hatcbacks. the regular wrx with look just like the sti with fender flares, wide wheels and all.
seems like they may phase out the sti since the wrx and sti are pretty close in power and 1/4 times

#13 ·
car and driver tests for the 09-10 wrx vs 09-10 wrx sti 1/4 times clock the wrx at 13.5 and the sti at 13.6.

the wrx
Power (SAE net): 265 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 244 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

the sti
Power (SAE net): 305 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 290 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

but the sti is about 200 pounds heavier and has an extra gear to go through.
i'm not knocking the sti whatsoever...its almost a perfect car that has been over engineered, but the base wrx is coming too close to sti numbers. so the options are to either phase out the sti (especially since subaru is no longer in the rally business) or substantially bump up the numbers for the sti. one can easily purchase a base wrx, get a turboback exhaust and walk all over the sti.

#23 ·
you do realize we're talking about an evo x right?2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X - Top Speed

Three different Lancer Evolution models will be offered in the U.S. market for 2010: the GSR with a 5-speed manual transmission and the Lancer Evolution MR and MR Touring, both with a 6-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST), a new-generation automated manual transmission. The MR model is equipped exclusively with Bilstein shock absorbers and Eibach springs, two-piece front brake rotors for better heat dissipation, BBS forged-alloy wheels, HID headlamps and additional interior features. The MR Touring model adds to the MR’s impressive list of features with such premium options as a power glass sunroof, leather seating surfaces with heated front seats, rear lip spoiler, automatic on/off headlamps, insulated front windshield glass, and improved sound insulation. The GSR is now also available in Rotor Glow Orange.

I
nside, the Lancer Evolution presents a "class up" approach and shows a new international flair. Available user technology, including high-end Rockford Fosgate® audio and navigation systems, reflects the tastes of a broadening customer base.
TC-SST Automated Manual Transmission
Exclusive to the Evolution MR and MR Touring models for 2010, the 6-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic ShiftTransmission (TC-SST) is an automated manual transmission capable of executing lightning-quick upshifts with no drop-off in engine power. The TC-SST features both a console-mounted shifter and magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters and offers manual and fully automatic modes.

Essentially, the TC-SST is a manual transmission that can select two gears at a time: one gear is engaged by one of the two wet multi-plate clutches, and the other is pre-selected, awaiting to be engaged by the second clutch. The gear change is made – either manually or automatically depending on mode selected – when the electro-hydraulically operated clutches are "swapped," which occurs simultaneously, with no perceptible lag time.

The TC-SST offers three drive modes – Normal, Sport and S-Sport – and within each, the driver may choose automatic or manual shifting. Sport mode uses higher shift points (in Automatic) and quicker shifting to deliver instant throttle response for better performance feel. Sport mode is also useful for driving in mountainous areas or when engine braking is required. The S-Sport mode can be selected for performance driving situations, such as track events.

Better Everyday Driver
Further balancing performance with value and luxury, Mitsubishi has been able to equip the
Lancer Evolution to be a markedly better car for everyday driving. A new high-contrast multi-color LCD instrument meter enhances visibility while a leather parking brake lever with chrome release button adds a premium feel. The MR and MR Touring see the increased addition of Phantom Black interior accents with storage compartments and a standard FAST Key™ entry system. FAST Key allows the driver to unlock the vehicle simply by having the remote in a pocket or purse and grasping the handle on either of the front doors or the trunk.

New for 2010, the Lancer Evolution MR Touring model offers a premium, upscale feature package geared towards everyday driving. Adding to the MR’s premium feel, the MR Touring includes such further options as a power glass sunroof, leather seating surfaces with heated front seats, rear lip spoiler, automatic on/off headlamps, insulated front windshield glass, and improved sound insulation.

Available user technology, including Rockford Fosgate® audio and navigation systems, reflects the tastes of a broadening customer base. A hands-free Bluetooth™ cell phone interface system is now standard on all models, as well as an MP3 auxiliary input jack . The MR and MR Touring models now feature a standard Rockford-Fosgate Punch® 710-watt (max.) premium sound system with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 capability, and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a three-month service subscription.

The available Sight, Sound and Spoiler Package for the Lancer Evolution GSR combines the HID headlights, large rear spoiler and the Rockford-Fosgate Punch® 710-watt (max.) premium sound system with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 capability, FAST-key and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with a three-month service subscription.
so it's quiet, comfortable, full of features, handles, and has leather interior with premium sounds......sounds like a faster tsx which is a luxury car especially if you get it with the paddle shifters with automatic mode

#26 ·
thank you. i don't know what more they want for it to be called a luxury car. just because it doesn't have a 70K price tag and a bmw/mercedes logo on it doesn't mean it's not a luxury car. hell you can get a used audi a4 with fewer features and a lower pricetag and that's still considered a luxury car

#27 ·
the 8's are nothing to write home about either. Its still a lancer interior, its not that impressive imo.

not to say its shitty, and a shitty car, but its nothing like the evo x or other luxury sport cars.

I like the 8's and 9's because they didn't go that route. There a no frills, bare bones street legal rally/track weapon, the gizmos add extra weight.

#28 ·
yeah my only people is people are basing luxury on the name of the car not what comes with it. i call leather interior, premium sound, fully loaded, factory navigation, premium performance and styling luxury. i don't know what else you would call it. does 4 rings on your hood versus having 3 triangle on your hood differentiate you from being luxury and non-luxury?

#29 ·
Subaru's and Lancers are cheap mass produced family cars in japan thats what they were designed to be.
They just spiced things up with WRC and it worked well!

#30 ·
the evo x is almost a completely different car from any previous generation evo.

that's like comapring the r32 gtr to the r35 gtr and calling the r35 a a piece of outdated crap because it shares the same r badge.

hell the evo x doesn't even a use a motor that is remotely related to 4g63. state of the art vvt, turbo charged, hollow cammed, all aluminum, perfectly square motor, with state of the art feartures, suspension and performance...hell you can get it with a twin disk paddle shifted 6 speed transmission factory while having navigation and such and you think it's a cheap mass produced car? have you ever even ridden in or seen a fully loaded evo x before?

#32 ·
#42 ·
The early cars you listen weren't even made by Nissan :lol
They merged with Prince Motor Company in the 60's. Then they started to build racers :ninja

Well spinning the rears at 80mph was fast enough for me :D
Why is nothing ever fast enough for you? I've never seen you say "they are nice" or "quick" about anything? :(

And of course i know the history :lol you don't own a car for 4 years and not get attached, I've been in every skyline model built since 1989.
My friend even had a 4 door R33 it was funny a hell! it looks mean from the front then you see it side view. :lol
And the rb25DE are the worst, the Primera GT were quicker and they were 2liter 4 pot N/A.
But i still think i'd have a standard Skyline over a standard Lancer any day.
Who wouldnt want a 2.5liter straight6 4 door saloon?

Im bored now :(

#43 ·
1. it was a showcase of your cars history and evolution, it was no better or worse comparatively to an early imprezza or lancer. you were basically calling all lancers mass produced cheap pieces of crap because of the fact that there 4 door base models ones. i said even the skyline has 4 door base models so what does that prove. comparing the evo to a base lancer is like comparing a gtr to a 4 door nissan/infiniti family car.

2. a 14/15 second will never be fast to me, which is all i ever here you guys talk about......they are slow....the only people who even give a fuck about a car that slow are 16 years jerking off to superstreet and of course mattliston. you said "what skyline is slow" i said most of them are.

3. anybody can spin tires at 80mph in 3rd gear with crappy/bald tires :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.