Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There are a lot of rumors surrounding the next Subaru Impreza WRX STI, with some reports suggesting it will go diesel, while others point to a hybrid version. And while we don’t yet know what the decided powerplant will be, we can guarantee it will include AWD, go like stink and look awesome!

OK, so we don’t know that last one either, but thanks to the creative genius of artist Jon Sibal we can share a creative peak at what the next STI might look like.

Based on the Impreza Design Concept unveiled at the LA Auto Show, the STI model gets the requisite fender flares, top-mount intercooler and, of course, a massive wing on the back. The concept car has actually received a significant level of criticism from the Subaru faithful, although it’s easy to see how the handsome compact car shape works perfectly in a more aggressive form.

While Subarus have never been the most attractive cars on the road and the STI has always paled in comparison to its Mitsubishi rival, if Subie’s designers follow this path it might be the first time the EVO comes up short on the looks department.
Get more Subaru WRX STI Rendering at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
barf.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
This artist rendering for the next generation of Imprezas is nice. The car is going through a turn without the front wheels turned. Oh well. He just forgot to add reality. It will probably have a narrower hood scoop close to what the current WRXs have. The wheel gap will be greater. Brake ducts will be lower and front grill will be shortened to accomodate a real bumper behind the front bumper cover.
It looks like a cross between a Scion tC, a Dodge Caliber and a Kia Forte.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Looks lancer-y. My brother just got one of the new Lancer sportbacks, pretty nice looking, but it's a lancer. This is a Subaru, shouldn't it look like a Subaru? My favorite was right before they switched to the bug eye headlights. That one was the best. I think it was like 99 or something.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I know too bad its not shaped more like a brick
I can't believe anyone finds that car cool looking sorry, its just terrible. And I thought the hatchback was bad, subaru, you've out done yourself on ugly, shit a fucking 89 justy looks cooler than that thing. Granted its a skech, but I hope it turns out nothing like this.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Is what it is, never been that keen on Impreza's, only the UK P1 looks good imo, as for changing the Name to WRX, still the same car.
Again with the top mounted intercooler :idiots
Hope they've sorted the injector rail issue that they had 10+ years ago and still built them that way up until the last shape. . .
Also it's meant to have a full redesigned engine to bring it up to modern EU emission regulations (dam brussels:mad).
Japanese performance car had a wright up on them.

My 1st choice would still be the LEGACY TypeB STI 2.5GT tS
it's just better and the kids+doggy fit in :D

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
top mount inter-cooler means increased transient throttle response for laggy stock turbo's

i hoped the fixed the piston #4 issue

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
top mount inter-cooler means increased transient throttle response for laggy stock turbo's

i hoped the fixed the piston #4 issue
Top mount=flop mount :(

It's a daft problem they know about that the worst of it, all the injectors were fed in series and cylinder number 4 was last so gets the left overs and on full demand gets starved :( Poor cylinder number4 :cry

Is stupid though, a simple fix would be to feed them all at the same time same amount. :idiots

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Top mount=flop mount :(

It's a daft problem they know about that the worst of it, all the injectors were fed in series and cylinder number 4 was last so gets the left overs and on full demand gets starved :( Poor cylinder number4 :cry

Is stupid though, a simple fix would be to feed them all at the same time same amount. :idiots
agreed...but i do like V-mount :D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I can't believe anyone finds that car cool looking sorry, its just terrible. And I thought the hatchback was bad, subaru, you've out done yourself on ugly, shit a fucking 89 justy looks cooler than that thing. Granted its a skech, but I hope it turns out nothing like this.
lol. I believe I have that exact car in my garage @ my parents house. I always hated that car for it's little bugs.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Do NOT want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts