Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 crv, and once in awhile when I start it in the morning and go to leave, I can barely turn my steering wheel. It is extremely stiff.. seems to happen more when its -30 or colder. Tried to bring it to dealer ship, they didnt do shit! Called Honda Canada and they said to bring it to local dealership.. still didnt do anything.... this could be a safety issue for us since we have a new born
and Honda doesn't seem to care. Anyone have any suggestions!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Perhaps the most common cause of a stiff steering wheel when turning is when you don’t have enough power steering fluid in the system. Usually, this occurs if the fluid is leaking from the pressurized hose area. Sometimes the hose will get cracked or simply become loose, causing the fluid to leak out.
Another common causes of steering wheel stiffness is when the serpentine belt is damaged or cracked. This belt is constantly being used when you drive the vehicle so over time, it gets worn down pretty quickly.
Like other fluids in your car, power steering fluid can become thick over time. If you don’t change your power steering fluid according to what your car manufacturer recommends, then it will eventually become too thick to lubricate the system.
I don't get a Honda CRV but tips above should be generally applicable. Hope it helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is electric power steering so there's no fluid, and the crv is a 2016 with very low mileage. I highly doubt it's the belt. And it's been brought to the dealer ship 3 times now for the same issue.. think they would of noticed those things. And its still under warranty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts