Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Autocross - probably a Hoosier

Daily driving - that depends on your priorities and your environment.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right now i have the toyo fz4's
but there too big there 205-50 i need some 205-40
but what you think abou the toyo t1-s's? or the ra-1's?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
cspina said:
Toyo fz4's, Euro TA's, and Nitto's are all good tires, I have had all three the best for me were the Toyo's, but then again you pay for it...
You my friend have MUCH to learn. All 3 of those tires are quite inferior.

205-40R16 is a pretty tough size, and the best you can go with for a decent price is the Kumho 712.

Going to something like a 215-45R16 would allow you use Falken Azenis, which are much stickier than the Kumhos.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
cspina said:
Toyo fz4's, Euro TA's, and Nitto's are all good tires, I have had all three the best for me were the Toyo's, but then again you pay for it...
ACK! I thought I would never see Euro TAs and Nittos in an autocrossing forum. You apparently have never had a "GREAT" street tire then if you rate those high on your list. Even the FZ4s are "so-so"

·
Registered
518 Posts
fz4's so-so??

i dont even think the fz4s are worthy of being called so-so. they sucked at my first event, which it was raining, so, no i havent got the chance to try them in the dry, but im sure they will do better, but even so, i think they are going to suck. when i get some money im going to get the kumho ecsta 712s

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Re: fz4's so-so??

CiViC2000 said:
i dont even think the fz4s are worthy of being called so-so. they sucked at my first event, which it was raining, so, no i havent got the chance to try them in the dry, but im sure they will do better, but even so, i think they are going to suck. when i get some money im going to get the kumho ecsta 712s
If its your first event, honestly, you probably cant analyze your tires too well...

Nothing against you, but youre still a novice.

However, youre still right;) FZ4s arent too great.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i wasnt analyzing my tires- i said i THINK they are going to suck and i THOUGHT they sucked at my first event- also based on the 5,000 miles of daily driving i have done on them, im pretty sure they will suck ass for autocross.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
CiViC2000 said:
i wasnt analyzing my tires- i said i THINK they are going to suck and i THOUGHT they sucked at my first event- also based on the 5,000 miles of daily driving i have done on them, im pretty sure they will suck ass for autocross.
I hope you didnt take offense at the eailier comment....i really didnt mean anything negitive about it. :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
no, i didnt necassarily take offense, i was just clearing up what i meant-i would never try to analyze my tires when i dont have anything to compare them to. sorry if i sounded rude or whatever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.