Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of weeks ago i picked up a set of used 18x7.5 real Racing Hart CP10's with some nice nitto555 225/40/zr18 tires :number1 . I went to mount them today only to find out that the rear tires are rubbin on the rear fender. I was afraid that the wheel/tire package would rub but i couldnt pass up the deal and figured id give it a shot since I've been looking for a set of Racing Hart's for a while now. I cant even squeeze my finger up in there (pics later tonight) even though i can on the front. Damnit :bash

With that said do i...

A) Do i part with these sick nitto555's and go through the hassle of searching for a 225/35/18 tire?
2) Do i find the right tools and roll the fenders?
iii) Do i sell the wheels and tires, go back to blades with toyo's and use money for other goodies?

·
Registered
42 Posts
All you need is a camber kit.
That will correct your negative camber which i'm sure you have and will eliminate the tire rubbing on the fender(s).

search for a camber kit, they arent that expensive and will be well worth it...you're gonna save inner tire wear on your tires.

:w00t

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
your only on a pro-kit?!!?!?

that looks fuckin slammmeddd to be on pro-kits. i woulda thought you were on sportlines or somethin.

edit* it prolly looks that way cuz of your lip kit :number1

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
whats the offset of the wheels?

You could let them rub for a while and let the fenders "roll" themselves....or you could roll the fenders back carefully.....or you could buy different tires....but I want to know your wheel offset.

·
Registered
351 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
your only on a pro-kit?!!?!?

that looks fuckin slammmeddd to be on pro-kits. i woulda thought you were on sportlines or somethin.

edit* it prolly looks that way cuz of your lip kit :number1
The eibach pro-kit is known to drop a lot lower than advertised. I've heard people blame it on sagging but it could just be missadvertisement.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Mr.13Luder said:
All you need is a camber kit.
That will correct your negative camber which i'm sure you have and will eliminate the tire rubbing on the fender(s).

search for a camber kit, they arent that expensive and will be well worth it...you're gonna save inner tire wear on your tires.
a camber kit will only make it worse. some negative camber is good since it will keep the top of the tire/rim away from the body of the car.

mlh908....go with your third option for now.....iii) Do i sell the wheels and tires, go back to blades with toyo's and use money for other goodies?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.