Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
for me, yes, and extra 100 pounds is WAYYY too much for a set of wheels. ill let you decide if its too much weight though. think about it like this. every 100 pounds you add to your car, your going to LOSE 1 tenth of a at the track. every 100 pounds you remove, GIVES you 1 tenth of a second.

·
Registered
582 Posts
first of all, what car because if its not an accord i think 18s way too big. secondly, if you find a set of rims you like for a good price and arent extremely concerned about performance (losing .1s off your 1/4) then go with them, but if you find some that are lighter and not much more expensive you know.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
In my opinion that's too much, but it's your's that counts. Bigger and heavier rims are going to cause your car to lose wheel horsepower thus slow your car down. Asides from that they are going to cost more than a smaller rim and make you look gay.

By the way, can anyone tell me why people want 17+ inch rims on there car, especially hondas?

·
Registered
582 Posts
18s look good on accords. my friend has a tsx with 17s and they look tiny

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes it's black accord 03 coupe v6. which 18" black rims can you guys recommend? black
i know 18" looks better but this weight
i know i want 18" light racing wheel at 18" is too expensive for my budget. the worst is that i already ordered this rims from lakeshore friday but will try to cancel tomorrow. they might bullshit was already shipped just to charge me re-shocking fees. if this will be the case...then i will be buying a wheel from lakeshore or some loosing money :confused

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
densma said:
yes it's black accord 03 coupe v6. which 18" black rims can you guys recommend? black
i know 18" looks better but this weight
i know i want 18" light racing wheel at 18" is too expensive for my budget. the worst is that i already ordered this rims from lakeshore friday but will try to cancel tomorrow. they might bullshit was already shipped just to charge me re-shocking fees. if this will be the case...then i will be buying a wheel from lakeshore or some loosing money :confused
Next time think about this before you order.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what about upgrading cold air-intake will it helps? i can still cancel this order - just going to loose some money (restocking).. can recommend some 18" black wheels that is under 20lbs

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
johnlude85 said:
for me, yes, and extra 100 pounds is WAYYY too much for a set of wheels. ill let you decide if its too much weight though. think about it like this. every 100 pounds you add to your car, your going to LOSE 1 tenth of a at the track. every 100 pounds you remove, GIVES you 1 tenth of a second.
Dammit everytime someone says this, it makes me want to gouge my eye out with a plastic spoon.

1. It's a DEEPLY flawed "equation", one that is virtually useless in fact other than its aimless and inaccurate attempt at describing the benefits of weight reduction.

2. He's not getting wheels with an EXTRA 100lbs, they are 100lbs total.

3. Rotational weight has a much bigger effect than just plain old weight on the car. Add 100lbs to your wheels and tires... it will be MUCH slower than if you had added those 100lbs to your trunk instead.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i put this rims on my v6 accord and did not notice any performance issue or what so ever. my breaks are still good. Im sure there's but nothing that is a problem or noticable to me and shit looks greats!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
densma said:
i put this rims on my v6 accord and did not notice any performance issue or what so ever. my breaks are still good. Im sure there's but nothing that is a problem or noticable to me and shit looks greats!!!
and truth be told man thats the only thing that really matters. if you are happy the way it turned out then congrats. post some pics when you get a chance :tu

·
Registered
7 Posts
expierence97 said:
In my opinion that's too much, but it's your's that counts. Bigger and heavier rims are going to cause your car to lose wheel horsepower thus slow your car down. Asides from that they are going to cost more than a smaller rim and make you look gay.

By the way, can anyone tell me why people want 17+ inch rims on there car, especially hondas?
BECAUSE THEY LIKED THEM AND DECIDED TO BUY THEM, CAN`T STOP PEOPLE FROM BUYING WHAT THEY WANT. I`m getting a set of 5 wheels from Tenzoracingsports.com in a month or so. I`m getting these wheels, www.tenzoracingsports.com/roadwheels/mach-10/index.html

I like bigger wheels I guess I`m gay WTF :) OMG LMAO :p :ninja :giggle :hug :lmao

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
White98LS said:
Dammit everytime someone says this, it makes me want to gouge my eye out with a plastic spoon.

1. It's a DEEPLY flawed "equation", one that is virtually useless in fact other than its aimless and inaccurate attempt at describing the benefits of weight reduction.

2. He's not getting wheels with an EXTRA 100lbs, they are 100lbs total.

3. Rotational weight has a much bigger effect than just plain old weight on the car. Add 100lbs to your wheels and tires... it will be MUCH slower than if you had added those 100lbs to your trunk instead.
dont you get loud with me mister :mad ... :lmao the 100 pounds/0.1seconds theory is correct, it just depends on how youre using it. no the wheels are not an extra 100 pounds, but the stocks are what? like 19 maybe, so there is going to be an 24 pounds. i know, no big deal. i dont think hes building a race accord with 18 inch wheels anyway. i was just sayin, plus unless he gets the same overall diameter of wheel/tire package as stock, then hel be using more rotational mass (which is not good) and the speedo will be of a little (and where i live that isnt good either). not to mention the fact that itll take more power to spin those bad boys.

just chill man, it seems like a topic that really bothers you, so im sorry :hug

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
The one tenth per one hundred pounds comes from the domestic world (think 5.0 Mustang). It figures up pretty close on a near 3000 pound car with near 300 hp. If you stray far from there (as in try to apply it to FWD imports) it's FAR from accurate.

As far as the wheel weight, we'd have to know how much your stock wheel/tire combo weighs first. I'd say at 25 pounds, though, it will be easy to feel how much slower you are. My 18 x 10.5 wheels weigh 21 pounds, so those things are pretty damn heavy (especially considering they are probably 3+ inches skinnier).

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
kenaccord said:
BECAUSE THEY LIKED THEM AND DECIDED TO BUY THEM, CAN`T STOP PEOPLE FROM BUYING WHAT THEY WANT. I`m getting a set of 5 wheels from Tenzoracingsports.com in a month or so. I`m getting these wheels, www.tenzoracingsports.com/roadwheels/mach-10/index.html

I like bigger wheels I guess I`m gay WTF :) OMG LMAO :p :ninja :giggle :hug :lmao
I can read without caps. I never tried to stop people from buying large rims, I was only curious as to what's attractive about them.

P.S. Your abundant use of smilies doesn't help anything.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Nathan123 said:
As far as the wheel weight, we'd have to know how much your stock wheel/tire combo weighs first. I'd say at 25 pounds, though, it will be easy to feel how much slower you are.
thats all i ben tryin to say

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
Nathan123 said:
The one tenth per one hundred pounds comes from the domestic world (think 5.0 Mustang). It figures up pretty close on a near 3000 pound car with near 300 hp. If you stray far from there (as in try to apply it to FWD imports) it's FAR from accurate.

you sir are correct. it was a basic thing used for domestics, that they knw if they dropped 100 pounds they lost roughly 1/10 of a second.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Randomhero said:
you sir are correct. it was a basic thing used for domestics, that they knw if they dropped 100 pounds they lost roughly 1/10 of a second.
i actually never knew that only pertained to the domestics. i learned something new :clap

·
Registered
7 Posts
expierence97 said:
I can read without caps. I never tried to stop people from buying large rims, I was only curious as to what's attractive about them.

P.S. Your abundant use of smilies doesn't help anything.
When you type in all caps it gives the impression of yelling or being yelled at. My abundant use of similies is expressing my feelings or viewpoint you should know that by now; oh and some of them are funny. I`m gonna keep using them. Big wheels make some cars/trucks more attractive looking some uglier if you go to big. Earlier today I saw a ford freestyle riding on 24 inch black chrome it was blue and a cute Woman was floss`n it.

P.S. I use similies because I can and its a free country, if the moderators tell me to tone down the similes I will, untill then I will use them at my discretion don`t be a cry baby :ninja :lmao

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
kenaccord said:
When you type in all caps it gives the impression of yelling or being yelled at. My abundant use of similies is expressing my feelings or viewpoint you should know that by now; oh and some of them are funny. I`m gonna keep using them. Big wheels make some cars/trucks more attractive looking some uglier if you go to big. Earlier today I saw a ford freestyle riding on 24 inch black chrome it was blue and a cute Woman was floss`n it.

P.S. I use similies because I can and its a free country, if the moderators tell me to tone down the similes I will, untill then I will use them at my discretion don`t be a cry baby :ninja :lmao
bigger wheels definitely make some cars/trucks look more attractive...I just wish someone would tell that to this dumbass I saw today rollin in a f150 with some 17's :idiots the 18's should look good on an accord...don't see why there would be a problem...boost that shit later on and the weight of the wheels won't be that much of a problem :rolleyes and it's been proven that some LIGHTER weight wheels aren't as effective...yes you can throw ROTATIONAL MASS in the mix, but you've also got to think about wheel design...some designs help distribute stress and what not more evenly...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.