Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i was just wondering is 260 hp is a good figure if it is done Naturally aspirated. Coz i believe JUN Racing have a 260hp lude! which is decent enough.?!?! anyway your thoughts!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oic i fink its at the crank!! hrmmz but wat sought of times can u expect !?! with say 260 at the crank!

·
Registered
75 Posts
A good 13 sec pass, maybe high 12's with good ass driving and slicks.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
JDMLUDE98 said:
keep dreaming....I would say low 14's.

if an rx7 with RWD, 260HP and 2600lbs can hit a 13.9 BARELY brand new...there is no way a prelude with 260 HP crank will beat it.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
JDMLUDE98 said:

hey...do u go to school in davie???.....

and lookatme...dont know about youre post...but i love the bbs wheels u got....:D

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
jmcn R said:
hey...do u go to school in davie???.....

and lookatme...dont know about youre post...but i love the bbs wheels u got....:D
thanks man;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
260??? wtf...man that will drop you way into the 13s..damn, im noy making anywhere near that kinda power and im running 14.1 @ almost 100 mph...i wish i had that kind of NA power...NA power is better for acceleration, its much more liner...not the huge spikes like you get with FI, easier to keep traction with an all NA setup....u really think with 260 you couldnt hit 13 Lookatme?..peace

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
a lude with 260hp at the crank will run something in the very low 14's to high 13's :) end of story, :) foget about 12's or low 13's ,

ps: and who said an NA honda vtec powerband is linear? :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
lOOkatme said:
keep dreaming....I would say low 14's.

if an rx7 with RWD, 260HP and 2600lbs can hit a 13.9 BARELY brand new...there is no way a prelude with 260 HP crank will beat it.
:rolleyes: i/h/e eg civics are hitting high 12's with nothing but a stock motor, slicks and a good driver... and they can weigh up to 2400 lbs...

my brother's h22 accord weighs around 2450 lbs... with about 185 whp and slicks, he pulls 13.6's all day...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
:rolleyes: i/h/e eg civics are hitting high 12's with nothing but a stock motor, slicks and a good driver... and they can weigh up to 2400 lbs...

my brother's h22 accord weighs around 2450 lbs... with about 185 whp and slicks, he pulls 13.6's all day...
wow an eg with a i/h/e d series motor can hit 12's with just sum slick? :) thats more then 3 sec off the slip with i/h/e and slick :) amazing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
814 Posts
LAblue said:
wow an eg with a i/h/e d series motor can hit 12's with just sum slick? :) thats more then 3 sec off the slip with i/h/e and slick :) amazing :rolleyes:
where in my post did you see me say anything about a d series motor???

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
where in my post did you see me say anything about a d series motor???
well you did say STOCK and all usdm eg came with d's series motor STOCK :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
LAblue said:
well you did say STOCK and all usdm eg came with d's series motor STOCK :)
in that case, i would have said "a stock D series motor" :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
in that case, i would have said "a stock D series motor" :D
\

shure shure keep drinking your corona :)

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
LAblue said:
a lude with 260hp at the crank will run something in the very low 14's to high 13's :) end of story, :) foget about 12's or low 13's ,

ps: and who said an NA honda vtec powerband is linear? :D
I agree wholeheartidly with this comment....low 14's or high 13's if your lucky.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
PreludeRacer023 said:
260??? wtf...man that will drop you way into the 13s..damn, im noy making anywhere near that kinda power and im running 14.1 @ almost 100 mph...i wish i had that kind of NA power...NA power is better for acceleration, its much more liner...not the huge spikes like you get with FI, easier to keep traction with an all NA setup....u really think with 260 you couldnt hit 13 Lookatme?..peace
first off...your probably making close to 260 HP at the flywheel.

and secondly...its not linear power...linear means its a flat line......turbo and N/A power are both pretty close in power spikes...and if anything a turbo would be MORE linear than an N/A car since the HP is all shifted to the high RPM band.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
ALTERED4 said:

wow your really bright...you take cars that weigh 400-500 lbs less with H22A engines when making a comparison to a 260HP prelude....

the question states how fast would a 260HP prelude be??

I am glad a civic hybrid with an h22a runs mid 13's with slicks.

you know a Z06 runs 11's with slicks and everything being completly stock.

whats this mean>???? it means its totally irrelavent to the question that weas asked.

its like me asking......what temp is it in Minneapolis right now?

and your response is......its 89 in tampa florida.

WTF:confused:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
260hp at the crank on most Preludes will yield low 14's at best, unless some weight reduction was implemented. Think about it this way, take a stock 5th gen base that has 200hp and runs low 15's stock. Slap a 60 shot of n20 on it, and now you have 260hp at the crank. That's not going to cut more than a full second off your quarter mile times. Other modifications will need to be made to make better use of the power and reach the 13's.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts