Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
top speed

looks like a load of horse sheat if you ask me ..... if he was actually goint that fast then those trucks would be nothing but a blur-- I have been super fast on a supersport bike before and can tell you things at that spped come on a lot faster than that ..

·
Banned
240 Posts
175... imagine if one of those semis changed lanes infront of him? lol

·
Banned
240 Posts
Top Speed, you make a good point which I didnt pay attention to, I've seen in car cams of an F50 going 300km an hour and it looked ten times as insane as that, things literally flew by... good catch...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think he's actually doing 280kmh, It's just the camera is mounted in a position to look at the speedo, instead of say on the passenger side headrest, which tends to show a cars true speed quite well :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
ah22aselude said:
looks like a load of horse sheat if you ask me ..... if he was actually goint that fast then those trucks would be nothing but a blur-- I have been super fast on a supersport bike before and can tell you things at that spped come on a lot faster than that ..
A 'supersports' bike and a car are two totally different things,
and two totally different sensations at 280km, or 300km..

it was going 280km,
I dont see how it wouldnt be..

·
Registered
9 Posts
conversion

i understand the vid was taken in the u.k. - trucks do drive at insane speeds up there. i've seen 240kph (148mph) in a semi-race corolla before and it didn't feel as fast as the speedo indicated.so, yeah i believe what the speedo says.

we all know the numbers but i did the conversion to save you guys the time: 1 mile=1.62 kilometers
upshift to 2nd gear @ 98kphph (98/1.62)= 60.49mph
3rd gear @145kph (89.50mph)
4th gear @191kph (117.90mph)
5th gear @230kph (141.97mph)
and finally he bounces off the rev limiter at max. overdrive at 281kph ( :wow 173.45mph).i've driven the AP1 but at only at sane speeds.

Now Road&Track tested an S2000 in Aug. of 2003 and realized a top speed of 163mph. 173 miles per hour is not impossible with some mods and/or just a slightly smaller wheel/tire overall diameter was used in place ot the o.e.m. equipment (that would translate to higher speedo readings when the actual speed is really lower).but in this case, 173.45mph is attainable on a very capable machine.

to all the s2000 drivers who've driven their AP1s hard - are my numbers correct?

·
Registered
783 Posts
This probably also applies to cars, but for bikes the accuracy of the speedo decreases as your velocity increases. The S2k still went pretty fast

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ive been 155 in my friends s2000, a bone stock one mind you. so i dont see why this car modded wouldnt go those speeds.
edit
it looks like he might be going downhill in the video
can anybody else tell?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
ah22aselude said:
It was real and if you take into account that this could have been a European country where trucks are allowed to go over 70 MPH then that could be true. 170 is a possible speed for a S2k to acheive. Looked real to me and pretty fucking stupid. I would never do that on a public road.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i understand the vid was taken in the u.k. - trucks do drive at insane speeds up there. i've seen 240kph (148mph) in a semi-race corolla before and it didn't feel as fast as the speedo indicated.so, yeah i believe what the speedo says.

we all know the numbers but i did the conversion to save you guys the time: 1 mile=1.62 kilometers
upshift to 2nd gear @ 98kphph (98/1.62)= 60.49mph
3rd gear @145kph (89.50mph)
4th gear @191kph (117.90mph)
5th gear @230kph (141.97mph)
and finally he bounces off the rev limiter at max. overdrive at 281kph ( :wow 173.45mph).i've driven the AP1 but at only at sane speeds.

Now Road&Track tested an S2000 in Aug. of 2003 and realized a top speed of 163mph. 173 miles per hour is not impossible with some mods and/or just a slightly smaller wheel/tire overall diameter was used in place ot the o.e.m. equipment (that would translate to higher speedo readings when the actual speed is really lower).but in this case, 173.45mph is attainable on a very capable machine.

to all the s2000 drivers who've driven their AP1s hard - are my numbers correct?

u get a rep for all the work u just showed :tu

1 - 19 of 19 Posts