Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
diamond bar honda is having a sale this weekend. only $29 down on approved credit. i think it's only for used cars though. i'm gonna go there today after school to check it out.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Two ways to look at this: 1. the necessary credit rating is very high, in which case most of us wouldn't qualify, or 2. the necessary credit rating is relatively low to allow lots of people to qualify, but the APRs will be killer. Also, with $29 down, I'd hate to see what kind of payment one would have to make every month or at the end of the finance term.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dj K-otik said:
Two ways to look at this: 1. the necessary credit rating is very high, in which case most of us wouldn't qualify, or 2. the necessary credit rating is relatively low to allow lots of people to qualify, but the APRs will be killer. Also, with $29 down, I'd hate to see what kind of payment one would have to make every month or at the end of the finance term.
just picked up a used 01 mr2 w/ 16k miles yesterday. i put $300 down and my payments are $380/month.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
just picked up a used 01 mr2 w/ 16k miles yesterday. i put $300 down and my payments are $380/month.
whats your APR?

i heard GM or ford or soemthing was offering $3,000 cash back or 0% APR for 6 years with 0% down. hmm....i you need like around 650+ credit for that.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
divinewisdom said:
whats your APR?

i heard GM or ford or soemthing was offering $3,000 cash back or 0% APR for 6 years with 0% down. hmm....i you need like around 650+ credit for that.
6% and this is my first car that i'm actually buying.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dj K-otik said:
Congratulations, Allen :tu2:

3 year term?
nah, 6 years :eek: but the car is like brand new...even has that new car smell still hehehe

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
nah, 6 years :eek: but the car is like brand new...even has that new car smell still hehehe
6 YEARS!? Holy crud that seems like a long time. Hopefully you'll be able to pay it off sooner. Hey mang more info! Like what color, any mods aready done, etc?:D BTW: Congrats!:p

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
:eek:

so you paid about $23,345.44 for the car,
with the 6% APR your actual APR is about 6.18% annual.
at 6.18% and 23,345.44 your total comes out to
about $33, 454.80 :eek:
thats before tax of course.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
divinewisdom said:
Hope Ultra can pay if off sooner...:um:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
congrats!!! those cars are nice....lil too small for my fatass but yeah:rolleyes: ......if you hit up spyderchat .com, they'll surely help you out

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
divinewisdom said:

????:confused:?????

my total came out to be $20k including a $35/month lojack subscription....that's what my bottom line says. the sale price of the car was around $18k

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay, here's how my thing looks:

total financed was $20k after taxes, fees etc etc

and total i'd have paid at the end of finance contract was around $24k

btw, i put more money down the other day.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nice, man. You should come out to one of our canyon runs. There's always a group of S2K guys running Angeles Crest, Ortega, Santiago, or someplace else.

BTW, does your shop do bodywork? I want to shave off my "H" emblems . . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts