Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST - I am wondering if there is a front lip available that looks like the type-r one, BUT, I want it to connect to the bottom of my front bumper (From what I have observed, the type-r lips usually overlap the front bumper 4-5 inches -- am I wrong?).

The reason for this is because I want to keep my sideskirts black on my silver EX. And with this lip, I would just match it to the black sideskirt plastic color. Therefore, I would want it to look 'straight across' from the side view of the car....get it?

SECOND - I once saw a sweet 2.5 RS (impreza....) that had these things on the REAR bumper...it was like a lip, BUT, really, it was two separate pieces; one on each side...(I have just called them canards, but I'm sure I'm wrong.) Are these available for my car?

Thanks.

:D

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I haven't seen a lip that attaches on the bottom. I think all I've seen use the inside of the wheelwell as a major point of attachment so it would be hard to secure one otherwise.

The only thing I can think of would be the small plastic lip like say on an NSX. But those are recessed back underneath the car a bit and aren't attached to the front of the bumper.

As for the fins, try www.carbon-creations.com I think they sold some that you might wanna check out. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, 'canard' might not be the right word. I am thinking that it looks more like a lip, but without the middle part. (Think SVT Focus, how the back bumper lip 'curves' up on the sides and is higher across the middle...)

...I'm sure this makes no sense.

thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good choices on the lips. They are a clean way to mod your car with out all the fancy looks. If you are going to keep stock sides it mite seem low in the front then short on the sides then low again if you put a rear lip. "canards" are not the rear pieces. They are usually carbon fiber fins that are mounted on the front bumper the left and right side of it. mostly used as show purposes here but in Japan I believe it acts as a front spoiler keeping your car to the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.