Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at the thunder line up
im driving a '92 civic si hatch

2 10" mtx's or 1 12", what'd be better?

also, i got an offer of $500 cdn for an alpine Type-S 12", with sealed box (i think), and alpine amp all in one, is this better than what im thinkin?

· Registered
16 Posts
hey, my friend is selling his 2 12" Alpine Type R's (dual 4 ohm) in a sealed MDF enclosure, and a Kicker 600.1 amp with bass controller for 600 or trade for a p3 labtop. holla back if you interested.

p.s. the labtop needs lots of ram.. not sure how much hes lookin for... maybe 256 or maybe even 512...

· Registered
2,118 Posts
neilff said:
im looking at the thunder line up
im driving a '92 civic si hatch

2 10" mtx's or 1 12", what'd be better?

also, i got an offer of $500 cdn for an alpine Type-S 12", with sealed box (i think), and alpine amp all in one, is this better than what im thinkin?
ey..dont get the alpine or at least at that price. you're gonna get ripped off. i got my system (in sig),not including the deck, cost me around 475. look somewhere else.

· Registered
435 Posts
i yusta have 2-10z & 1-12" in tha back of my hatchie.. now its all for sale.. peep out tha classifieds.. or just PM. -- all custom...

· Registered
167 Posts
if ya wanna save space go for the 1 12", but if ur willing to sacrifice the space than id go for the 2 10" cuz u get more cone area plus they are a lil cleaner.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
dmny77 said:
they will sound a lil better not as sloppy
um..the bigger the cone thingy= sloppiness is a myth now. the bigger the cone, the louder/(possibly faster) the bass will hit. the only thing that seems to lag is bass right? wrong! it usually the midbass that can't keep up with the sub bass. the sub bass will seem to hit slower, but in fact the midbass coming from the speakers are lagging. notice that there are SQ competition cars that runs 18" and win. usually the bigger the sub, the stronger the motor structure will be. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.