Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im interested in swapping the 3.0l accord motor into my 97 civic and was jsut wondering if i could get some info on if the swap would work or what parts i need cause i ahvent been able to find much info on it
any info is appreciated
thanks

Jesse

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Nobody does it, that's why there's no info. It's too big for a Civic, unless as stated you custom fabricate the whole front end (chassis & suspension). The H22 just barely fits in a Civic with custom mounts, and unless the mounts are designed just right you can lose your power steering and a/c even with that 4 cylinder.

IIRC, even the original Accord (designed to comfortably fit the H & F series) that came with a V6 had the chassis stretched a couple inches just for the V6 models to accomodate the motor. It's just not worth the effort for that engine, when you can drop in an H22/23 that has 220hp and LSD 5-speed trans. Which brings up another point, I think all the Accord V6's came automatic only, at least for a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.