Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry its kinda of last minute guys but FYI. Good to see some Hondas Represent!! Woot ~

Street Legal Racing

WHO: Street Legal racers, spectators and media

WHAT: Racing for all street legal cars. Cars must be registered and insured for racing on the street and must have proof as such.

WHEN: Saturday , March 26, 2005

WHERE: California Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana
The quarter-mile California Dragway is located in Parking Lot 1 behind the speedway’s main grandstands.

TIME: Gates open at 12:00 pm. Tickets go on sale 2:00 pm. Tech inspection begins at 2:00 pm.. Racing begins at 4:00 pm. (All times are subject to change)

COST: General admission tickets are $10 per person. Children 12 and under are free. Participants - $20 PACIFIC STREET CAR ASSOCIATION

1999 Prelude Type Sh

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Damn I wish I had seen this sooner. I have been wanting to check out the Fontana 1/4 for a while now. Oh well :( . BTW how is that legal street racing? Its a Drag Strip.

Matt

·
Registered
884 Posts
JOAT, to answer your question, they call it street legal racing because the car has to be street legal (registered, insured, equipped with working muffler, working head/taillights, turn signals, etc.). Now having said that, I've seen plenty of vehicles there that are borderline and would rarely, if ever, be driven for any significant amount of time on public streets. Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yea, thanks for the heads up. I mean no disrespect just making sure.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i went to spectate it was pretty fun. reminded me of back in the 98-99 days. crowd is starting to slowly comeback/grow again.

this shit started in the west, then got a little quiet, is hot in the east now, but slowly coming back home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.