Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kumho ecsta supra 712's and have gotten three flat tires since december. Seems like an awful lot of flats... one was from hitting a pot hole hard but the other two seemed to come from now where. Any ideas on why i might be constantly getting flats. Could it be the tires? Air pressure? I do drive a lot though since i got my car in november i've driven 26k miles.

·
Registered
582 Posts
psyke said:
I have kumho ecsta supra 712's and have gotten three flat tires since december. Seems like an awful lot of flats... one was from hitting a pot hole hard but the other two seemed to come from now where. Any ideas on why i might be constantly getting flats. Could it be the tires? Air pressure? I do drive a lot though since i got my car in november i've driven 26k miles.
I had that some problem with my kumho 712's when i had my 17X7 konig monsoons. It was mostly due to bent rims...if you bend a rim it will hold air sometimes but if you hit a bump on the bend again it will let all the air out. Check to see if you have any bends...I since changed to a 15X6.5 rota with a 205/50/15 kumho ecsta 712 and i've been fine.

·
Registered
582 Posts
psyke said:
never thought of that i'll check it out. thanks.
No problem...when you check it, take the wheel off and look on the INSIDE. If there is a bend you will be able to see it, sometimes you can have a pretty severe bend on the inside and not really see it on the outside. My guess is that you are running a 205/40/17 tire which is a pretty low profile so depending on how your roads are, i'm willing to bet you have a bend or two. If that's not it, you may have bad valve stems.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Are you getting the flats repaired when you get flats, or are you getting new tires. If you are getting them repaired, the place doing it is doing a horrible job. You ever consider trying a different brand? I used to have fucking horrible problems with my Kumho's, so I went for a change and tried Nittos, those are good and I haven't had any problems so far *knock on wood*, and plus I don't drive like a jackass anymore.

·
Registered
582 Posts
jai si said:
Are you getting the flats repaired when you get flats, or are you getting new tires. If you are getting them repaired, the place doing it is doing a horrible job. You ever consider trying a different brand? I used to have fucking horrible problems with my Kumho's, so I went for a change and tried Nittos, those are good and I haven't had any problems so far *knock on wood*, and plus I don't drive like a jackass anymore.

wierd...i'm the opposite. I blew out 6 nitto 450's within a year and a half, changed to kumhos and i've been fine since.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Interesting. 3 of my Kumhos went out within a 1.5 month range, 2 of them got repaired, then when the third one blew it was all over between my baby and Kumho, and i thought it was time for a change.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Well dude, I have no idea, maybe they go flat or get over inflated or something that you might've over looked.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Jkan2001 said:
wierd...i'm the opposite. I blew out 6 nitto 450's within a year and a half, changed to kumhos and i've been fine since.
nittos are known to have soft sidewalls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts