Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup all ! im going to get custom 3 in. piping for my exhaust and was wondering if it will effect my short shifter. my shifter is already rattling right now with my stock piping, im wondering how it will be like when i change it to 3" piping with 3" cat. anyone with this problem?

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Well just be sure to tell them when they make the exhaust, and if its in the way, they'll have to bend around it.

Also can you list your setup? I see you have a drag kit, how do you like it? You should see a HUGE difference once you get the exhaust, specially if your running the stock one now.

I saw a dyno on CSI of a kid that had the Drag kit...He went from 170WHP with the stock exhaust, to 218WHP just from adding an exhaust, and high flow cat.

· Registered
405 Posts
yeah i have this problem. i have a short shifter also and it vibrates really bad at around 2300 rpm then when i go past that point it stops because i think at that point the exhaust vibrates a lot. why does this happen when you put in a short shifter? i was thinking of taking it out.

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
v00tecsi said:
Well just be sure to tell them when they make the exhaust, and if its in the way, they'll have to bend around it.

Also can you list your setup? I see you have a drag kit, how do you like it? You should see a HUGE difference once you get the exhaust, specially if your running the stock one now.

I saw a dyno on CSI of a kid that had the Drag kit...He went from 170WHP with the stock exhaust, to 218WHP just from adding an exhaust, and high flow cat.
yea i heard that an exhaust will make a lot of power but i dont have the funds right now so its just gonna have to wait. about my setup, i really dont have anything with my turbo kit, just some colder spark plugs, still pretty stock. im gonna be running a fields vtec controller once i have time to install. only problems i have right now is a whole lot of lag from 1,000-3,000 rpm and i have oil leaking from the oil pan.

anyone else have this problemwith their short shifter???? i really dont want to take it out! thanx

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i feel a difference but its still running shitty. i feel the boost kick in at about 3-3.5k rpm and its great but when i want to get up a hill at 2k rpm, no power at all. i thought i'd be happy with it but reality is, i need to spend a whole lot more money so it can run right. i spent sooooo much money on my car its not even funny. im helllla broke right now!! :( but if thats it take....so be it. he he!

· Registered
1,449 Posts
have you gone underneatth your car and checked out where it was rubbing??? the top on my )O2 sensor was hitting my linkage casuing mine to vibrate. I sovled that but putting a high flow cat on but since your going 3" piping it may just not be enough room under there. Are you gonna run a cat???

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea , i'll put on a 3" cat with my piping and muffler. thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.