Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
d16a6 or mini-me swap and full coilover setup, I wish I woulda done it that way.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
highrevman10 said:
I got $3000 to spend on my HF CRX. I want something that will give me good mpg and great setup..Opinions
what goals are you looking for? what is that you wanna do? i would say b16 with bolt ons and still get suspension that well be enough for 3000. shop around too you might be able to get more, if you budget right

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
if you've already got a d16 in it.....throw a JRSC on it and some tuning and call it a day. what engine do you have now!?
i've got a friend that has a crx hf that installed a d15b jdm motor (130hp stock) around $450-$500 from h-motors. then did some pistons and rods (zc i think) and put on a 75 shot and is killing b series swapped civics!! it's prolly pumping around 180 whp on the bottle! (i'm guessn') but at the track he sets people up with the ol' "it's just a d15" bit. he's even made a few v8s' look bad.

mini-me swap isn't a bad idea.....but if you get the d15b, you've got almost the same set up as the mini me. the d15b is a vtec motor stock.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
killer B said:
if you've already got a d16 in it.....throw a JRSC on it and some tuning and call it a day. what engine do you have now!?
i've got a friend that has a crx hf that installed a d15b jdm motor (130hp stock) around $450-$500 from h-motors. then did some pistons and rods (zc i think) and put on a 75 shot and is killing b series swapped civics!! it's prolly pumping around 180 whp on the bottle! (i'm guessn') but at the track he sets people up with the ol' "it's just a d15" bit. he's even made a few v8s' look bad.

mini-me swap isn't a bad idea.....but if you get the d15b, you've got almost the same set up as the mini me. the d15b is a vtec motor stock.
ya that is very true a d15b turbo would be nice also, but with zc rods, pistons is pretty quick that what i use to have in my 89hatch

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Setup, its a HF CRX?? for 3 grand u can do a full swap b16 or gsr..HMO has cheap swaps..shipping is usually 180 to all 48 states, i'd know, i've bought about 8 swaps from there in the past year for a few of my buddies, takes 2 days to anywhere.. swaps come cleaned and with a guarantee startup warrenty, and they are strong motors...get you a b16a, the full swap is like 2100, swap along with bolt ons will put that crx in the mid - low 13's with a good driver.

*edit* i'm sorry the full complete swap, engine/tranny/ecu is 1750.00
http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30004
shipping is usually 120-180..for this amount of money if u wanna go fast, and have money left over..do this..turboing a d15 or tryin to even remotely mod it to a DOHC vtec motor is retarded..

Want cheaper?
F20B - The Accord TYPE-R motor
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30012
its a 2.0..

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
for the 1750 on the b16a 1st gen, it is NOT the full swap. Just the motor, trans and ECU is not a "full swap" You are still going to need shift linkage, mounts, axles, and all of the other miscellaneous items that go w swapping the engine out.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
for $3000, sell the CR-X, get another $2000 for it, buy a 76' - older veedub bug, drop in a 2180 motor and call it a day. It'll be faster than your CRX any day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.