Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5spd 1993 Honds Prelude S with 156,000 miles on it. I would like to know what my options are as far as getting some more power. I've added the AEM cold air, V-rated tires and I'm looking for my next mod. My question is what are the pros and cons of putting the JDM H22 engine in? I've heard that it can cost around $3,500, what are some other options I could look at that wouldn't break my bank account? Also my friend drives a stock 97 3000gt SL can I beat him with my current set up? If not what could I do to take him? Thanks

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Jim702 said:
I have a 5spd 1993 Honds Prelude S with 156,000 miles on it. I would like to know what my options are as far as getting some more power. I've added the AEM cold air, V-rated tires and I'm looking for my next mod. My question is what are the pros and cons of putting the JDM H22 engine in? I've heard that it can cost around $3,500, what are some other options I could look at that wouldn't break my bank account? Also my friend drives a stock 97 3000gt SL can I beat him with my current set up? If not what could I do to take him? Thanks
um no, unless u use nos or have a turbo or supercharger under ur hood. my dad has a 97 also plus its an auto, and before he got a k&n filter charger on his car, we'd be back and forth on a race startin at 30mph. but now, i wouldnt even bother since once his car hits 3500rpms in second, he's basically gone on me.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
h22a good,do the swap. You'll thank me later.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i have beatn 2 sl so far with my little mr-s :) theyre are very slow :)

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
SL are slow, heavy and have tall gearing, you should be able to take him but u might want to finish up your basic mods i/h/e or just get some nawwwss if you're looking for a relatively fast stock car :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I doubt you'll beat a 5spd 3000GT SL with only a cold air intake and some tires, most likely not even with all the other basic bolt ons. An 5spd SL can hit low 15's and sub 7 second 0-60's easily. A 5spd Prelude S will have trouble hitting a 16 flat on a regular basis. Your best bet would be trying to take him from a dead stop, since 3000GT's are in their prime at higher speeds.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
whoa, my bad..somehow missed the fact that you got a S, thought it was a v-tec, anyhow 50shot should be sufficent to dust him though..just get a zex kit..its easy and if 55 don't take care of him..65/75 surely will :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
SpanishRicer said:
I doubt you'll beat a 5spd 3000GT SL with only a cold air intake and some tires, most likely not even with all the other basic bolt ons. An 5spd SL can hit low 15's and sub 7 second 0-60's easily. A 5spd Prelude S will have trouble hitting a 16 flat on a regular basis. Your best bet would be trying to take him from a dead stop, since 3000GT's are in their prime at higher speeds.
no way a 5spd sl can hit low 15's, they cant even keep up with stock gsr and si :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
LAblue said:
no way a 5spd sl can hit low 15's, they cant even keep up with stock gsr and si :)
gotta agree, those are come big ass heavy cars. Hell, they're heavier than a Z LOL.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Jvtec said:
gotta agree, those are come big ass heavy cars. Hell, they're heavier than a Z LOL.
You're thinking of the VR4, which weighs in close to 3800lbs due to it's AWS and AWD, not to mention it's other various options. The SL weighs considerabley less, and can easily hit low to mid 15's. I've seen it done numerous times at the track.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
SpanishRicer said:
You're thinking of the VR4, which weighs in close to 3800lbs due to it's AWS and AWD, not to mention it's other various options. The SL weighs considerabley less, and can easily hit low to mid 15's. I've seen it done numerous times at the track.
just joking. the Z and 3/S guys have a running feud about weight.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dude just get the swap done. You will spank his @ss hardcore and you won't need to spray to do it. Besides I doubt spray'n a SOHC would let the engine last very long even if it is a 50shot. Just get the swap and spank him all motor.

Peace

:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts