Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right listen up... there was this guy in my english class today talking about cars. out of the blue he says that honda is coming out with an accord with over 300hp. :rolleyes so immediately i'm like whaat i gotta hear this. so i tell him there’s basically no way that'd happen because honda wouldn't surpass their luxury brand acura and exceed the tl's 270hp much less the top of the line brand new rl w/ 300hp. i think he might of also mentioned the next gen accord w/ the 300hp would be equipped with a v8. yeah right! he tried to tell me that he saw a commercial on tv about it and also found it on the internet. i still didn't believe him and he was still being cocky so he bet me $50 on it. so do you guys stand behind me or what? what would be a good way to prove that he’s wrong to get my $50??

thanks!

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
accord with 300?! no way in hell would they do that. sh*t i would bet $50 on this too

btw.. im gonna move this thread
EDIT: hmm for some reason i don't have my moderator menu thingy~ ULTRA can you move this thread? thanks buddy~

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
the acura tl is a honda accord euro r elsehwere in the world... so, it's not hard to imagine the next acura tl having 300+ hp... and thus the next honda accord euro r would be 300+.

our acura tsx is a honda accord in japan... might be stretching it to think that the acura tsx would have 300+ hp.

so, unless he specifically said u.s. market honda accord (which is the accord inspire elsewhere), he would be correct...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no it was understood to be us market. no technical bullshit eurpean model etc. and i made it clear that i meant stock from the factory just a regular accord not type s etc. where would he find info to prove he's right and vise versa?

he said he saw a comercial on tv so it'd have to be u.s. market not to mention the fact the he said it he thought it had a v8

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
superman7890 said:
no it was understood to be us market. no technical bullshit eurpean model etc. and i made it clear that i meant stock from the factory just a regular accord not type s etc. where would he find info to prove he's right and vise versa?

he said he saw a comercial on tv so it'd have to be u.s. market not to mention the fact the he said it he thought it had a v8
american accord = accord inspire
american acura tsx = accord
american acura tl = accord euro r

nowhere in your initial post did you indicate that said guy was referring to the u.s. market. :shrug:

you said:

superman7890 said:
i think he might of also mentioned the next gen accord w/ the 300hp would be equipped with a v8.
so you think he mentioned it, or he did indeed mention it?

in any event, it sounds like he may be referring to the acura rl, aka honda legend, that is awd with 300 hp... the prototype on the north american international auto show right now has a v8...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
uncle_el said:
american accord = accord inspire
american acura tsx = accord
american acura tl = accord euro r

nowhere in your initial post did you indicate that said guy was referring to the u.s. market. :shrug:

you said:

so you think he mentioned it, or he did indeed mention it?

in any event, it sounds like he may be referring to the acura rl, aka honda legend, that is awd with 300 hp... the prototype on the north american international auto show right now has a v8...

the point is he doesn't know what he's talking about or is confused because the statement was that the next generation accord (in america) will have 300 hp. i even tried to explain to him about the new 300 hp. rl w/ awd.

so am i correct to say that nobody has heard anything about the next generation accord having 300hp? Has anyone even heard anything about the next generation (u.s.) accord since the current gen is still farely new?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
sounds to me like a compulsive liar. if he knew anything he would know hondas heart is 4 cyl. tell him to have a coke a smile and shut the fuck up! :D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
honda and v-8... very doubtful. they're the reliable and efficient car makers. honda barely makes ANYTHING that pushes 300hp in stock form... the NSX and the Acura RL, right?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well when i went back to class today, he kept tryin to tell me that i owed him $50 and i was like no buddy you owe me the 50. i was like where's the proof and hes like i'll go show you on the computer. well he spent atleast 10 minutes on the computer and he said all he found was where they were "talking about the next accord with 300hp." he saw it in a FORUM!! i explained to him that people can talk about w/e they want to in forums and people talk a lot of crazy bullshit in forums. i told him how some people in forums think that nopi stickers add 20hp to their cars. hes like well i saw the commercial and i know i saw that. hes like it was a 4 door honda and it said 300hp and it had the rounded off back end with the honda sign on the back. i told him it was probally the acura rl and he thought the acura symbol was a honda symbol. shit he was probally stoned at the time and didn't know any better. :rolleyes i pretty much know i'll never see my $50. i'm going to print out a picture of the acura rl and show him just for the hell of it even though i dought he will admit he was wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts