Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
343 working on Halo 1 remake - Report

That's cool. I bet there's a ton of HALO3, ODST, and Reach players who've never played 1 or 2 before. Nice to give the fanbase a blast from the past. Kinda the way PS3 peeps are always dreaming of a remade FF7 or MGS1.

Tuesday 30-Nov-2010 11:53 AM

2011 update to pave way for fourth game, says GM

Microsoft's freshly-formed internal Halo studio, 343 Industries, is working on a Halo: Combat Evolved remake.

That's according to "industry chatter" reported in the new Games Master magazine, which writes that the updated game could run on the Halo: Reach engine and arrive ahead of a full Halo 3 sequel in late 2012.

If true, the remade Halo: Combat Evolved could release on the original's tenth anniversary, which falls on November, 2011.

Microsoft has previously expressed interest in adopting an annual release model for the Halo series, and this would certainly fit that nicely.

Plus, when asked, UK Xbox boss boss Stephen McGill seemed to be in favour of a remake, telling GM: "I imagine it's a good idea".

"I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too," he said.

We're certainly up for this. Are you, CVG massive?

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
might would actually buy.

i remember back in the days i would get off of work and drive some dudes i worked with home, they sold weed. so all we did was smoke all night and play halo and get drunk, then go get tacos at 4am from this 24hr taco joint.

they use to be able to run multiplayer via the interwebz as well, i have no idea how they did it though as the original halo multiplayer was LAN based only.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
x2

but i was in the army. and we spent all day talking shit to pple in other platoons bout hw we was gone kill em come 5oclock in the barracks...

one of my nco's had a HUGE tv in the barracks and we would have halo wars in there on a work night till 3 am and we had to get to PT at 5.

we used to beast that shit.

its the only reason i even buy halo now...we all still play online against eachother on occasion...but everybody done split do to orders...so this is cool.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of dig the story cycle. Bugie went back and showed us what happened before M.C. hit the scene in HALO1. Now Microsoft will continue with that arc and basically make a sequal to Reach.

Plus it helps get 343 on its feet. They won't have to worry about a lot of the logistical stuff like basic character ideas, plot, etc. and can deal with the gameplay more fully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts