Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A/C works intermittently. On the A/C button, there is a red light that comes on when it kicks out. Since I have just bought the car, and I am waiting to get my ordered manuals, I figured I'd post for some help. Has anyone come across this problem or know what the red indicator means?

·
Registered
607 Posts
My 89 did the same thing. The red light means the AC compressor isn't working. It comes on if the compressor stops. My AC did it for the 3 years I owned the car, never had enough money to get it fixed.

Excel_IR said:
A/C works intermittently. On the A/C button, there is a red light that comes on when it kicks out. Since I have just bought the car, and I am waiting to get my ordered manuals, I figured I'd post for some help. Has anyone come across this problem or know what the red indicator means?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah I have that problem sometimes, I'm still not quite sure what causes it. But it did it more often when it was really humid. Try tighteneing your belt. And for a quick fix you can turn the ignition switch all the way off and then back on again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts