Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to go all performance before i do any cosmetic work on my car. but i'm not sure where to start. i do eventually want to get a jrsc, but what all do i need to prepare my engine for that. i'm going to start by finishing my exhaust. right now all i have is an injen intake, and i'm getting dc header and mugen cat-back. i just need advice on what to get in preperation for the jrsc. also, anybody know of some good shops in the ft. walton beach area?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are going JRSC there really isn't too many things you can mod outside of the suspension, wheels / tires, interior (or the removal of interior items) and maybe an intake (Which you will have to cut once you get the JRSC). Pretty much any engine mod you do will have to be changed or removed to support the JRSC (With the exception of the header and exhaust, which you can keep, but you should upgrade to get the most out of the SC) because JRSCs tend to perform better on stock cams and mods that allow the engine to breathe better. I've been doing crazy research on JRSCs for 5th gen Preludes for like the last two months and I think I've pretty much got it down. I'm sure there are areas that are open for debate, but I'm trying to do an engine F/I package that makes the most sense on a relatively tight budget and have the reliablity that one would expect.

Cheap, Fast and Reliable. Pick two.

I would maybe spend like $2k of your money and do the wheels, tires, shocks, coil overs, polyurethane suspension bushings and strut bars.

Just my ¢2

-NH

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
98Vtec said:
ditch the dc and get a real header.

ANr, smsp, hytech, DTR, T1r, Kteller
is there any wait for those. last i heard (which was a while ago) there was a wait for the smsp. know of any good sites for these?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
all the custom header's relatively put out the same hp. DTR just came out so u might want to contact them first. Then try hy-tech, once again a very nice header. Just ask each company how long the wait is. Just keep the stock header on for now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you aren't going to get a header specifically for your future JRSC set-up, then I would get a Kteller Rage Header in stainless for like $700. Search around, there are posts and dyno charts of people that run them. :number1

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
nholmes said:
If you aren't going to get a header specifically for your future JRSC set-up, then I would get a Kteller Rage Header in stainless for like $700. Search around, there are posts and dyno charts of people that run them. :number1
only problem is that you ahve to cut the crossmember for that header to fit

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
nic411 said:
is there any wait for those. last i heard (which was a while ago) there was a wait for the smsp. know of any good sites for these?
last i heard for a hytech header people were waiting up to 6 months. a little less for smsp. well worth it though. gotta remember, these headers are hand made on a made to order basis.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
nholmes said:
lol I don't remember anyone talking about that.

Well, that sucks, hah. :wow
i got a buddy of mine that has it. He has to cut the crossmember quite a bit for it to fit. Not installed yet tho. When he gets it installed im making a trip and getting pics of it

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Well I can guarantee you that I'd never pay 700-900 bucks for a header that I had to do a bunch of work to make fit. If it doesn't fit to begin with I'll find one that does before I buy. Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda disappointed that it isn't an exact fit I mean come on why is it so hard. It looks rad so I don't see what would be the big deal in getting the dimensions from type sh's and bases! I mean with a cut off wheel and an air compressor it would be easy to cut away the notching in the crossmember but that things there for a reason! I may just get a mugen so it's a direct fit.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Well I can guarantee you that I'd never pay 700-900 bucks for a header that I had to do a bunch of work to make fit. If it doesn't fit to begin with I'll find one that does before I buy. Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda disappointed that it isn't an exact fit I mean come on why is it so hard. It looks rad so I don't see what would be the big deal in getting the dimensions from type sh's and bases! I mean with a cut off wheel and an air compressor it would be easy to cut away the notching in the crossmember but that things there for a reason! I may just get a mugen so it's a direct fit.

hytech supposedly has no fitment problems, along with the smsp.

I've only heard problems with ANr and Kteller. I am waiting for someone to install the DTR and tell me how it turns out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.