Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am going to be spending around 3K to upgrade my Rex. Earlier in the year I did my swap, and then I helped buy my girl a Del Sol....now its my turn again to spend some cash.

So far I wanna go with upgraded suspension:

KYB AGX Shocks - $350
Ground Control Coilovers - $311
Sway Bar Kit - $265
Ingall's Camber Kit - $150
---------------------------------------
Thats's $1,076 roughly so far.

I already have the upper strut tower bars from Neuspeed. Is there any other suspension add on that I am missing?? I want the best handling possible for my car without going overboard. I definitely wanna go with the KYB/GC Coilover Combo.

Also, I wanna get a new CatBack exhaust system but I want it to look like this:

Here is what my car looks like now. ]My Car

I am not running a cat, so I probably wanna go with something that sounds nice but WON'T RUST. Any suggestions on which one to get that is similar to the pic above? Also, where is the best online retailer as far as prices and service are concerned?

The rest of the money I plan on throwing into paint and body. Then I have to decide if I wanna go with a body kit, or a nitrous kit. But as of right now, I need help on deciding what exhauast and and what retailer to go with

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I am very satisfied with how the KYB's perform. All my friends who have CR-X's swear by them. Besides, I need to stretch the cash as much as possible. If I can find them cheaper(Koni's) I may look into getting them.

Energy Suspension Bushings?? I heard of these, but how in the world would an average mechanic go about installing these?? Do any of you have these?? Any difference in handling?

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HondaCivic996 said:
remove the pinstriping it looks really weird
My Car is an 89...probably older than you :D

Pinstripes were the style back then. The car has never been painted....infact the paint is so dull and has sunspots and windchaffing all over the place.

· Registered
631 Posts
looks like you got yourself a big dent on your front drivers side fender.....you should take some of that money and get that fixed and when you are getting that painted throw on a body kit even if its really clean and simple, they make crx's look so smooth in my opinion.

Peace,
CroSsRoaDs

· Banned
2,939 Posts
Have you considered turbocharging? 3000$ will get you a nice turbokit like the drag gen III. And they do make them for crx's that have engine swaps. Theres two of them on ebay right now going for 3,150. I also know of a shop that will install it for about 600$ if you dont want to do it yourself. i've seen one of the cars the guy at shop turbo'd. It was a b16 del sol and he did a damn good job. btw this is in kingwood tx just north of houston off 59.

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dlim1 said:
you dont need a full sway bar set just the rear which is about 150, get an obx camber kit all the same, for 100, there you go saved 250 towards performance mods.
Why only the rear?? Oh, thats right...the Si comes with a sway bar in the front right!? Oh shit, I forgot about that.

OBX camber kit....never heard of it. Know who sells it??

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CrossRoads22 said:
looks like you got yourself a big dent on your front drivers side fender.....you should take some of that money and get that fixed and when you are getting that painted throw on a body kit even if its really clean and simple, they make crx's look so smooth in my opinion.

Peace,
CroSsRoaDs
Yeah, the thieves who stole my ride kicked the shit out of it for the hell of it. It was such a nice looking stock ride too. I do plan on replacing the fender and doing a nice paint and body job on her

I will keep you posted.

· Registered
398 Posts
OBX is the brand.
The crx si comes with both front and rear sway bars, but only get the rear, cause the stock front is just fine, you dont want bigger. I forgot why, I think the steering at high speeds suffers or something. Ryan

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, my project has started! This is on the way

KYB's- $300
Eibach Sportline Springs - $183
DC Catback - $460.

Now, someone said that I really dont need to replace my front and rear sway bars since the stock ones work really well. So does this mean I should go with the rear tie bar and camber kits?? Just trying to stretch my money. I have close to 3k to play with. The cheapest I could find the Wings West RS Kit was $580 shipped. Anyone have any cheaper places to order this from? I expect to spend a little over a grand on the kit and paint job(I have several places who can do me a great job on the paint for $500-$600.

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
droppedcrxsi said:
oh yeah, if the b16 is only 50-70 lbs heaver, it shouldnt make a difference, especially if you had ac, then took it out. Ryan
Well, I have AC now with my B16. I'll see about calling Eibach today and asking them if I need a different spring rate or going with GC Coilovers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.