Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just swapped in my z6 in my 95 dx coupe, i knew 3rd had a grind bc it grinded when i first bought the car i took the motor out of.. i only had it for like 2weeks and it got totaled.. still had fluid it came with..anyway

ive searched and found many ppl saying that syncromesh stuff eliminated there grind..

also i read it could be a motor mount..

now, i had just put fresh honda mtf in when i installed the motor.. grind was badd into 3rd,

so i went ahead and got some of that syncromesh stuff.

the grind is alot better.. but it isnt completely gone..

now i just put this stuff in so it mite take some time to work?

what motor mounts would possibly be bad?..

the shift linkage is from my dx.. which shifted perfect.. so i dont think thats messed up..

leave your suggestions

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
if it grinds when you drive normal then the motor mounts are not to be blamed.
however if it grinds when you shift at redline the the mounts are probably gone.
the mount on the driver's side (by the timing belt) and the one on bottom right should make a difference if you change them. if you want to go all the way you can change the rear mount and tranny mount.

for stock to mild cars that syncromesh is ok. however if you plan on going all out with a FI setup you'll need something more than syncromesh. syncromesh doesnt provide all the protection you need for a highly modified car and you need to mix it up with something else (redline/royal purple..etc).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply!!

it only grinds 3rd when im in high rpms. like u said.. but not any other gear..

and it doesnt grind if i shift up until like 4k around there...

the mount near the timing belt looks pretty solid im thinkn its them lower mounts that bolt the the framerail underneath.

that redline stuff would that maybe help? since your saying i should use that when i boost.. maybe ill try that now..,

i have the mount near the timing belt from my d15b7 will that work??

i had no grinds wit hthat..

i used the rear tranny mount from the dx and that one on the framerail that connects to the tranny with 3 bolts on the front..

i think its the one on the bottom where the a/c would connect that just looks flimsy,, is this the one your saying to address? get some inserts or something for it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where do u get the es shifter bushings.. also im using the rear mount that was on the dx that didnt grind at all??..

would a short shifter help any or make it worste?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.