Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I raced a Integer Type R with Cold Air Intake and jdm race header and crazy ass Exaust, we raced him after the cops broke our runs up....lol.
We were getting on the freeway and the Type R with his passenger downshifted and like 2 seconds later my friend downshifted in my 4 door and cought up right next to him and got about a corner light on him, by the top of 3rd the Type R started to pull us about 2-2 1/2 cars until the top of 4th when we let off.

Those Type R's have got some nice top end pull thats for dam sure so if I ran him in the 1/4 from a stop I think we might get him but not sure cuz at top end he was pullin pretty good and I know if we would of gone to 5th he would of got little more pull on me thats for sure.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya alot of them but for a Type R that should run a 14 flat or so like my friends with the same shit we pulled on him for a minute and then he pulled a bit and held it about 2 to 2 1/2 cars on us but shit i'lll get on him next week hahaha

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Type R's don't run 14 flat with those mods, not even close. Maybe 15 flat not 14. And from a dig unless you got some shit under your hood of you 4 door sohc you would not stand a chance. :noo

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well mr no it all...lol a stock type R pulls high 14's LMFAO and my friend has a Type R with race header,cold air intake,exaust,full act clutch and pulled a 14.0 so dude you have no clue what your talking about....15's HAHAHAHA

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all on driver man cuz my friend has a 97 dude and stock pulled faster than that LMAO and if you would like to know the Type R I raced was a 2000

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
im surpised you kept that close to him. really. I went like 14.1 on just intake and exhaust on mine. o street tires too.

props to you, but with a good driver you shouldnt have kept even that close. You must be a damn good driver, or that other guy sucked.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL at had nothing to do with driver cuz we were rolling already when the Type R through it down in 2nd like seriously 2 seconds before we did. We cought back up and then the Type R shifted the 3rd hella quick and after a minute the Type R started to get us so he had top end pull. So we probaly would of got em from a stop easy, you guys underestamte the 4 door LOL I have some new stuff now that I didnt have before before ;) I just have to wait til next week to track it

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
IMOTEPHT said:
LOL at had nothing to do with driver cuz we were rolling already when the Type R through it down in 2nd like seriously 2 seconds before we did. We cought back up and then the Type R shifted the 3rd hella quick and after a minute the Type R started to get us so he had top end pull. So we probaly would of got em from a stop easy, you guys underestamte the 4 door LOL I have some new stuff now that I didnt have before before ;) I just have to wait til next week to track it
you need to get some vids up,I'd love to see it.Why dont you post in the 4 door thread?

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didnt know there was a 4 door only thread and I will get some videos soon, most of my racing videos of street races and ect of me are with my DX motor with the cam so its ont to fast lol.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
IMOTEPHT said:
Well mr no it all...lol a stock type R pulls high 14's LMFAO and my friend has a Type R with race header,cold air intake,exaust,full act clutch and pulled a 14.0 so dude you have no clue what your talking about....15's HAHAHAHA
A stock R CAN pull a really low 14. It's all in driver though as you've pointed out a few times. Most kids that get R's handed to them are only capable of getting 15's. Cool that he showed you love when he saw you again. :hug

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this wasnt know kid and when powershifting ect the driver isnt that bad plus ive never seen a stock type r pull low 14's lol

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
trust me , they do.
i would love to know mods, because if 4dr sohc civics were that fast no one would be buying integras.
I know when mine was na, lightly modded, i was leaving most run of the mill cars like civics like 5-10 car lengths behind with absolute ease.
Swapped ones gave a little more comp. but still even left them a few bhind.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I dont know about you but I have seen some VERY fast SOHC civics lol, also people dont want to deal with a SOHC usally but I do so I spend alot of money on the SOHC to make it decent fast and if I wanted to spend $800 more I would have a turbo lol

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
ive seen decently fast SOHC too, but there is no way you are not very decently modded to even get within a car length or two of an R.

Whats your mods?

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well when against the Type R I had

ZEX Comp Cam Stage 2
Cold Air Intake
4-2-1 Header
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Milled Head @ 10:1 compression
Ported 60 MM throttle body