Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i was lookin into building a massive motor for my accord
i was either gonna go with the H22, or a K20 outa the type-s
then a head package and a supercharger with the typical I/h/e/p, my questions are what can i expect to pay for this? and also, what are the torque numbers on H22 and K20, cause i know the K20 has a 6-spd, but i didnt know if the extra gear makes up for the torque

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like i said a head package
most head packages advertise 50-75
supercharges get 50-75
bolt-ons get about 25-40
but i think u are right bout the K20, but it do think it only has like 10-15 ft/lbs less than a h22, and it does have 6 gears
so on the low side
200+50+50+25 is 325, thats still badass for an accord, so i think i can expect about 350 hp
does anyone have an estimate assuming i do the labor myself?

·
Registered
66 Posts
lotz of horse

i would definately go with a turbo over a super charger. you can push more power out of a turbo. if you are worried about turbo lag them just set up some NOS and that will take care of that problem. the more NOS you have, the more horsepower you have. just gotta make sure your engine can handle it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you want 400 HP don't go w/ an Accord. I don't see it happening and if you somehow did manage it I doubt it would be streetable and it would probably cost tons of $$$ IMO

·
Registered
355 Posts
PowerShift94 said:
200+50+50+25 is 325, thats still badass for an accord, so i think i can expect about 350 hp
You can't add up the gains from mods like that. That isn't how it works. Not all mods work together and there are always other bottlenecks that you'll run into.

If you added up all of the gains from individual mods on the V6 Accord like that then you'd figure that most people would be getting about 190 fwhp. But most of them compress in the low-170 fwhp range because of other bottlenecks that work against the mods.

·
Registered
329 Posts
LOL, same question everyone has as a first-timer on the board.... Your final answer is going to be: Too expensive... too impracticle...won't put out that much horse... not reliable...just a dream. Don't worry half of us have all thought about doing this at one point and time. Stick with your stock motor and go bolt-ons. Some people do swaps, but it's not for everyone, and it's not as simple as it should be so it get pricey for labor etc. Also finding an experienced shop is (for this kind of work) is tricky, you really have to know them, and know that they'vedone it more than once.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Heavy VR-4

My super heavy stock twin turbo runs a 2 second 60 ft an 8.9 1/8 and a 13.7 1/4.

·
Registered
679 Posts
PowerShift94 said:
then a head package and a supercharger with the typical I/h/e/p, my questions are what can i expect to pay for this? and also, what are the torque numbers on H22 and K20, cause i know the K20 has a 6-spd, but i didnt know if the extra gear makes up for the torque
Yeah without a large h22a Build up, and a massive turbo I doubt 400hp could be found. For the k20 it is a very hard swap too do, and the h22a with a turbo would be altogether much more affordable. Also has a added fact a 400hp h22a turbo motor wouldn't make well for a reliable daily driver.

·
Registered
329 Posts
munkeysoup said:
also, there isnt much aftermarket support for the k20 yet. so that would be almost completely out of the question. so, if you have an assload of money to spend, probly around $20k, then maybe you could have an accord w/ about 350 at the fly.
And that really isn't worth it... might as well go buy an s2000.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 2001 Honda accord i4stick EX black coupe with I/E/H. Well i need someones help, for $3500 installed i can get a h22 prelude tranny better acel and shifting with a lighter flywheel and clutch. Plus id uprade to a FMax turbo kit, but is it really worth that guys? Its eaiser just to buy an eclipse dump 1grand into it and have a even Faster accord. Looking to see about getting a GSX AWD. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
pkspx said:
I have a 2001 Honda accord i4stick EX black coupe with I/E/H. Well i need someones help, for $3500 installed i can get a h22 prelude tranny better acel and shifting with a lighter flywheel and clutch. Plus id uprade to a FMax turbo kit, but is it really worth that guys? Its eaiser just to buy an eclipse dump 1grand into it and have a even Faster accord. Looking to see about getting a GSX AWD. HELP ME PLEASE!!!
i think the accord and the eclipse would even out on each other, but I would take the eclipse, but thats me. it would be nice ot have a hybrid again though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
PowerShift94 said:
LOL THE k20 thats a good one considering motor rotates clockwise and your goes counterclockwise and your motor sits COMPLETLY different than the k20 you looking upwards of 15k just to get the motor in..... to much custom fab
what i think your talking about is the f20b or something the ACCORD SIR-T motor right? DOHC cam 240hp or something its not the s2000 motor im not sure what its called alls i know is that most people call them blue tops cuz of the valve cover
keep the f22 motor my friend is building up his
eagle rods
je pistons
only costed him 900 bux from raceeng.com
hes gonna get the AEM EMS and some 720's pretty soon
but when all is said and done hes looking at 5k he already gots the drag gen 2kit which costed 3k...

formerly known as importboi22

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.