Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what's up? Well approximately 2k miles ago I had a clutch, flywheel and headers put on my 2000 civic EX. Then about three weeks after that stuff was on I installed an AEM CAI. Then about a week after that I noticed that my oil light would fliker on and off like during hard braking or stoping on a downward hill. I checked the oil and there was no reading on the dipstick, so I was like wtf? So I put two quarts in it and three days after that I got an oil change. I told Honda the problem so they said come back in 1k miles. Well I did that tonight and after 1k miles the oil was one quart low. Any thoughts on any possible problems? Could it have anything to do with the new mods? Or is there any problem at all. I drive the car aggressivly but not hard. I would say that I consistantly shift between 5 and 6 grand with the occaional 6.5 to 7k shifting. There are no leaks and I have not noticed anything different about exhaust color or thickness. The car has approximately 42k miles on it. Any thoughts or possible problems would be great.

Thanks,

BPP

·
Registered
303 Posts
sounds just like my old d15. when the oil was low in hard turn or stop the oil light would flash. i bet if you put it in neutral and rev her hard youll see blue smoke out the tailpipe. my problem was bad rings.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, if your oil is dissappearing you most likely have a problem with piston rings or valve seals. Head gasket isnt likely cuz you would notice oil mixing with coolant and losing both. But 42,000 mi sounds a little early for rings or valve seals unless the motor was abused?

·
Registered
260 Posts
SFF900 said:
Yeah, if your oil is dissappearing you most likely have a problem with piston rings or valve seals. Head gasket isnt likely cuz you would notice oil mixing with coolant and losing both. But 42,000 mi sounds a little early for rings or valve seals unless the motor was abused?
I second that!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
????

Honestly, I shift between 4500 and 6000 consistantly. Never raced, never dragged. Like I stated, T have been know to run her up close to redline a few times, but damn who hasn't? I get the oil changed every 3000 or earlier. I really dont feel that I abuse the car at all compared to some people. Keep the input coming.

Thanks,

BPP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts